Found Tortoise - near Santa Clarita, CA

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
S. CA
Hello,
We have been asked to help find the owners of a tortoise that was found out in the Angels National Forest by motorcyclists not too far from some homes in Bouquet Canyon, Santa Clarita area in California.

It is a nice looking tortoise so it was cared for. The location does worry us that it was released, but can't be sure. IF you or you know someone who is missing a tortoise in this area please PM me right away. You will need to identify the tortoise specie and the apx. size. We want to get it home as soon as possible. It is safe at the moment but can NOT stay there long.

If no owner is found it will go up for adoption and we will post all the information at that time. Please don't ask me to tell you what it is until we have had the chance to find the owner first.

Thank you for your help and understanding.
:tort:

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
S. CA
Follow up post. The tortoise - perfect 60+ pound male sulcata - has been re-homed. Owner(s) never came forward after large advertising attempt in the area and some out of area.
Thank you.
:tort:

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
I'm glad he was rehomed. Thank you for the update [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH]