Frankie Tortoise Tails: Spring Green

[email protected]

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Mobile, Alabama
Frankie has a new best friend. I am not the new best friend because I moved him to Mobile. Up to this point Frankie is not happy about being in Mobile. It is going to get better. Yesterday it got a bit better. I'm back in Frankie's Top Five Friend List as I did introduce him to his new best friend.

A day before he got to meet our down-hill next door neighbor. I know our uphill neighbor pretty well and see her a lot. The lower-on-the-hill neighbor works a lot of hours so five months later I still hadn't met her.

Frankie and I were walking to a house two doors down where Frankie has permission to graze. It's difficult getting to that house because Frankie has to walk past our down-hill next door neighbor's spectacularly beautiful lawn loaded with tall, bright green, fresh, winter rye grass.

Frankie wants that grass so much that every time we walk past the green garden of delight house I have a 30 foot scrimmage to keep him out of his desired yard. I have a very strict rule that Frankie does not graze a yard without permission.

This means that since October of last year Frankie has been disallowed access to the sea of green he so longingly wishes to graze.

Until the day before yesterday.

On our way back home, I was struggling to keep Frankie on the sidewalk and out of our down-hill neighbor's grass when our neighbor pulls up into her drive way. I was a bit embarrassed that she witnessed his nibbling on the very edges of her lawn and me desperately trying to drag him back into our pitiful grass-lacking yard.

She waved at us as she got out of her car with purse, jacket and bag in hand and walked over to say hello.

"So, this is the Frankie I've heard all about. Wow, he is so BIG."

Commence the Frankie questions: how much does he weigh, what species is he, where does he sleep, how long have you had him, were did you get him, what does he eat, and so on.

After the question and answer session (all the while struggling to keep Frankie away from her yard) I apologize to her mentioning that Frankie tries to be be respectful and I work to keep him off her beautiful lawn but he has nibbled some off the sides.

To this she exclaims that most certainly Frankie can graze on her grass, she doesn't mind at all. Graze away! Less to mow on the weekends.

The invitation sounds too good to be true so I double check and ask if she is sure he can graze on her lawn. We get the please, do let Frankie graze!

So yesterday, I walked the hungry Frankie directly to the green yard of bountiful grass.

Oh, my. Frankie is very happy.

Frankie is in Sulcata Tortoise Heaven
spring+grass.jpg

Nom, nom, nom.
nom.jpg

I love you, grass.
i+love+you+grass.jpg

Frankie enjoying the all-you-can-eat-at-the-neighbor's-spring-grass-buffet
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biSzVpxLlgE&feature=player_embedded[/video]

(In case seeing the above video is difficult this is a link to it on You Tube:
http://youtu.be/biSzVpxLlgE
Click to go to video )

Happy Spring!

Really. Need I say more?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
So glad Frankie won the downhill neighbors heart too. I mean really, how could he not:D. Happy grazing Frankie:)

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
You need to get more torts and start a lawn service .

AZtortMom

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Sunny AZ
Aww! Happy boy!

Barista5261

5 Year Member
Central Florida
Yaaaaaaaaaaaay go Frankie! He looks like a kid in a candy store [SMILING FACE WITH OPEN MOUTH][TURTLE]