Fraud on Tortoise Forum from leopardboy_1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
To all of you who are looking to buy a new tortoise, and checking out the marketplace. I want to warn you that the amazing deals that @leopardboy_1 is offering are NOT real. This seller will steal the money right from under you and you will not, I repeat WILL NOT ship you a tortoise. He will email you back when you inquire, but as soon as payment is made, he will stop contact with you and you will not receive that animal promised to you. This recently happened to me and 2 other members so do not fall for it. DO NOT be fooled by his prices, and DO NOT give him the satisfaction of stealing your money.

Thanks,
-Mike

Doug

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Ontario, CA
The deals he's offer are bogus. I believe there might be more people out there this guy have have scammed. I encourage those people to file a fraudulent claim soon as possible. As Mikey said this guy have zero intention to ship anything.

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
Being new to the forum, I wasn't aware of all the checking I could actually do on a person. I should've dug into it further before trusting someone like I did. It is just hard to believe that someone would do this with tortoises... I couldn't bear stealing from people who are emotionally (and financially) invested in there new shelled family member.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
For the moment I am gonna ask to please watch your words, if you sent money and did not recieve anything, or hd dealings with this member please tell of your experiences. Thanks the mod team is aware and working to try and settle this one way or the other.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
We certainly will ban him once we hear from the folks who ordered that they never received their shipment. Last I heard they were waiting to receive yesterday. Has anyone heard whether or not the tortoise was received?

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
And you've had no response from the vendor advising you of delay, right?

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
From the three members I am talking with communications have ceased on leopardboy_1's end. Nobody received the animals and even a false shipping number was given.

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
So right now no animals, no refund, and fake tracking numbers>

dmmj

10 Year Member!
CA
Look if he satifies everyone, I will make a huge thread explaining what happened..... if he does that is.

mikeylazer

5 Year Member
No I made payment last friday and as soon as money was payed, I have had no response. I have emailed him probably 30 times, and PMd him a few also. He is blatantly ignoring me and has stolen hundreds of dollars from the three of us.

Romeo Serback

New Jersey
How would you stop somebody from doing this? I want a leopard tortoise, but don't want to be ripped off.
To all of you who are looking to buy a new tortoise, and checking out the marketplace. I want to warn you that the amazing deals that @leopardboy_1 is offering are NOT real. This seller will steal the money right from under you and you will not, I repeat WILL NOT ship you a tortoise. He will email you back when you inquire, but as soon as payment is made, he will stop contact with you and you will not receive that animal promised to you. This recently happened to me and 2 other members so do not fall for it. DO NOT be fooled by his prices, and DO NOT give him the satisfaction of stealing your money.

Thanks,
-Mike

Maro2Bear

5 Year Member
Glenn Dale, Maryland, USA
How would you stop somebody from doing this? I want a leopard tortoise, but don't want to be ripped off.

Trust but Verify. This Forum is the first place you want to check on the credentials of a Seller. The trusted sellers are here, have been here and will be here. The fly by night sellers offer torts for unbelievable low prices, have rare animals available all the time, etc.

Best of luck in your quest for a Leopard!

Romeo Serback

New Jersey
Thank you! I've been reading EVERY POST just to gain information and to learn. I've loved tortoises since I was a kid and always wanted to own one, but never thought i was responsible enough. Now that I'm 48 and my 3 boys are in their teens, I think Im finally ready! I'm still in a quandary as to which breed. I would love a sulcata, but I'm in NJ, but I'll be moving to Florida in 4-5 years where I'll have a lot of land and in a more suitable climate. In saying that, I'm leaning towards a leopard, cherryhead, or a baby sulcata. I'm sorry for the rambling, but I haven't been this excited since my last son was born. Lol. I just want to learn as much as I can and do my homework and due diligence. Thank you!

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
When you post a wanted ad be wary of new members with very few posts. If your dealing with someone and your not sure ask for a picture of the tortoise with a piece of paper with the date written on it next to it. If it's a scammer you won't hear back.

Status
Not open for further replies.