Freckles is going to give me a heart attack!

Elohi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Texas
Ahhh!! Found freckles upside down again! This time on the river rocks, limbs and neck all stretched out and dangling downward. OMG I thought she was dead!! I grabbed her she seems ok. I have her soaking because I have no idea how long she was like that. It's been a couple of hours since I checked on them. GOOD GRIEF FRECKLES!!

Kathy Coles

5 Year Member
North Carolina
I know how scary this is. You are going to have to figure out how he is flipping over. What is allowing him to be topsy turvey. My Zebulun had crawled up on top of a plant pot and took a dive. Plant removed.

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
I found my Rollo (named because he was always on his back at the reptile show when we went and looked at the baby sullies) upside down when I got home from work Tuesday. he wasn't moving and was out of reach. I calmly (actually quite paniced) grabbed a back scratcher I use to wrangle the boys from the back of the pen and slowly (as quick as I could!) reached in and tried to pick him up. I just knew he was dead. I actually rolled him instead of picking him up and as soon as he was upright, he started running full speed all around the enclosure like he was showing the other guys that he was O'Tay! He then ran up to me and just looked at me until I picked him up. I have trouble seeing so I brought him up to my face. He promptly head butted me (which is hysterical because he is all of 80 grams and I am 275lbs) sort of like a baby tortoise fist bumb and turned his head and started to wiggle like he wanted down. He then ran over to the spot he was flipped in, looked it over and wandered away. I am going to cut plastic bottles in half and secure them in the corners to see if that is better than the barriers I have up. they keep digging under them and turning them over.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
That is so funny Stephen, although not really. Glad little Rollo is okay, but dang ... silly sully, tricks are for kids!
And Freckles, well Freckles is a little busy body, even if it means on his back to check out the top of his enclosure. : o

Moozillion

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Louisiana, USA
...and THIS is one of the 2 main reasons I got a slightly older tort. At 4 inches long and probably 4 years old, I figured my Hermann's was unlikely to flip. A year later and she has never flipped even once. I couldn't take it- I'm already a big worry wart!

Saleama

5 Year Member
Irving Texas
Isn't Freckles the Barrel Rolling tort that has gone viral on all the tortoise sites?

Elohi

5 Year Member
Texas
Saleama said:
Isn't Freckles the Barrel Rolling tort that has gone viral on all the tortoise sites?

Yep. That's her lol.

Saleama said:

Yep. That's her lol.

BeeBee*BeeLeaves

5 Year Member
Orange County, So Cal
Saleama said:

That is so funny. Freckles has gone viral!? He does make you giggle. A.Lot. And the way Freckles gets up and acts like he meant to do that all along. That is the funniest part. Our country needs more giggles these days! Go Freckles, go Freckles! : )

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
They do it on purpose you know. .... once you leave the room they start laughing about scaring you like that. ;) :D

bouaboua

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
San Jose CA
Jacqui said:
They do it on purpose you know. .... once you leave the room they start laughing about scaring you like that. ;) :D

I do believe that is true.........................Hahahaha!!!!!!!!