Free Russian Tortoise up for adoption to a good home....

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
@jennconn12m : Did Jamie take the tortoise? I like to know when they're no longer available so I can move the thread to the 'sold' section.

@Phreeflow : I understand, and you're not the first new member to voice this opinion. I apologise for making you feel this way. We certainly don't want new members to feel unwelcome. But we feel the warning may help the seller make a good decision on where the tortoise goes.

Jan A

Boulder, CO
After having my Russian for 3 years I would take her only if you offered money on top to me! And big bucks, mine is a grumpy little brat! But he is mine!
Hey, Hey, Hey, you need to give up full disclosure on what your tort does to the flower pot in his enclosure. We know!!

Phreeflow

CA
@jennconn12m : Did Jamie take the tortoise? I like to know when they're no longer available so I can move the thread to the 'sold' section.

@Phreeflow : I understand, and you're not the first new member to voice this opinion. I apologise for making you feel this way. We certainly don't want new members to feel unwelcome. But we feel the warning may help the seller make a good decision on where the tortoise goes.
Thanks for your kind response Yvonne. Warm regards…

CDaisyPhotoGirl

Murfreesboro
Free to a good home; a healthy, 3-year old female Russian Tortoise. Her name is Noodles and she is very sweet and friendly. My daughter no longer has any interest in her so I would like to find her a good home. We have her in a wooden tortoise house, which you are more then welcome to have, although the bottom is a little warped from some water. You are more then welcome to take all the supplies that we have, feeding dishes, heating and UV lamps, humidifier, timers, and extra food and/or bedding. Everything is free to a good home. We live in Central Jersey. Please email if you are interested.

Thank you.
Hi this is Cynthia in Tennessee.

We rescue animals and have 26 sliders of various breeds and one tortoise. We also have 9 dogs and 22 chickens. We rescue about 75 animals per year and foster and get them into forever homes. We have one tortoise inside and an 1/4 acre outside enclosure with heated house for 2 to three more. We would love to bring your tortoise into our home where she will live with us. We are in Murfreesboro Tennessee and can meet or discuss shipping. These animals are relatively small and handle shipping well.

I have been blessed to have an animal rescue that works with many other rescues and your girl was referred to me in a tortoise community. She can live here the rest of her days not being picked on by others, and cherished. Right now, we have one (maybe male) Russian tortoise, our sweet Tortellini, 18 months.

Would love to talk to figure out how to get her to Tennessee. Please text me 615.804.6580

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
Hi this is Cynthia in Tennessee.

We rescue animals and have 26 sliders of various breeds and one tortoise. We also have 9 dogs and 22 chickens. We rescue about 75 animals per year and foster and get them into forever homes. We have one tortoise inside and an 1/4 acre outside enclosure with heated house for 2 to three more. We would love to bring your tortoise into our home where she will live with us. We are in Murfreesboro Tennessee and can meet or discuss shipping. These animals are relatively small and handle shipping well.

I have been blessed to have an animal rescue that works with many other rescues and your girl was referred to me in a tortoise community. She can live here the rest of her days not being picked on by others, and cherished. Right now, we have one (maybe male) Russian tortoise, our sweet Tortellini, 18 months.

Would love to talk to figure out how to get her to Tennessee. Please text me 615.804.6580
May want to look at the dates of the posts, this one is about a year old...

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I’m new to this forum and I’ll admit it’s intimidating being here. Actually feels like the first day in a new high school where people run in cliques and stare down the new person.

Although I’d much rather adopt a dog than buy a puppy, I don’t dare respond to any of these tortoise adoption ads for fear being associated with those dangerous newbies
You've got 41 posts behind you.
You're an established member now.
A forum TROLL would be someone with just a single post inquiring about a free tortoise. Or even worse, someone with 3 or 4 posts and ALL of them inquiring about free tortoises of different species.
This is an older post. But the topic of TROLLS is still relevant

Last edited:

SinLA

Tortoise Club
Los Angeles
You've got 41 posts behind you.
You're an established member now.
A forum TROLL would be someone with just a single post inquiring about a free tortoise. Or even worse, someone with 3 or 4 posts and ALL of them inquiring about free tortoises of different species.

Ah, good point. thanks!

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Westmoreland, NH

Yes, she's been living with me for about a year now.

Eunice has settled into life with my 1.4 Russian creep, gets along with the other female (after the initial quarantining), and flees Chili's advances when my male spends time with the females (he's much more interested in Persephone anyway, so he doesn't really notice her).

Jamie