Free South African Leopard Baby

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
About once every two years I get a late hatching egg and the baby is just not quite right. Two years ago I had a sulcata like this one. As far as I know it is still alive.

This little guy hatched about a month after his clutch mates. When he hatched he was tiny and his plastron wasn't fully closed. I cared for him same as any other and he closed up and did just fine. He's about 3 months old now and doing fine. He's small and he holds his head low and to the right most of the time, but he's active and eating. Not growing much though.

He's free to a good home if anyone wants him. I can't make any guarantees about how long he will live or how he will develop, but he seems like he will be okay. Local pick up in Southern CA is fine and I'm willing to ship if someone wants to pay for overnight shipping.
ae5fd1.jpg

fnxqad.jpg

2zsp3lt.jpg

daniellenc

Maryland
Awwww poor guy seems like a neuro issue? If no one snaps him up I’ll take him he’s adorable even if a little wonky. I had a crested hatchling like him. He lived over 15 years but needed help feeding due to his head issues. Is this guy feeding well?

Meganolvt

Michigan
How does overnight shipping work? (to Michigan)? I am equipped to take in a special needs tort.

Toddrickfl1

Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Ga
Tom if @Meganolvt or @daniellenc doesn't take this tort contact me. I have an enclosure ready I was looking to get a box turtle for but I've been having trouble finding one. I think I am willing to take the risk on giving this little guy a lifelong home. Thank you

Reactions: Tom

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Awwww poor guy seems like a neuro issue? If no one snaps him up I’ll take him he’s adorable even if a little wonky. I had a crested hatchling like him. He lived over 15 years but needed help feeding due to his head issues. Is this guy feeding well?
He eats and motors around the large enclosure just fine.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
How does overnight shipping work? (to Michigan)? I am equipped to take in a special needs tort.
PM me your zip, and I will get a quote. Probably around $60 to MI. Then I pack him up carefully in a styro-lined shipping box in a nest of grass hay and drop him off at the FedEx place just before last pick up at 4pm. The next morning he arrives at the address on the package usually before 10:30 am.

Or you can arrange your own overnight shipping and email me the label.

Meganolvt

Michigan
Conversation started, I'm not sure if that is the correct way to do it.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
How far do you live from ventura Tom? think your more toward OC right?

Kyle

Aldotj

5 Year Member
San Diego,CA
If you live in San Diego I would love to pick this little guy up and give him a good home.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
How far do you live from ventura Tom? think your more toward OC right?

Kyle
I'm in Santa Clarita, just out the 126 from Ventura. I go out your way regularly. I'll be going that way to the beach in the next couple of weeks.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
I'm in Santa Clarita, just out the 126 from Ventura. I go out your way regularly. I'll be going that way to the beach in the next couple of weeks.
If you still have him in a few weeks would love to adopt the little guy. I could meet up with you if you head this way, would love to meet you as well. Santa Clarita is not far from me and I can always make a trip that way too. My cousin actually lives out there now with his family its nice up there, the weather is hot in the summer cool in the winter lol

Kyle

Jenni3988

Sacramento
I'm very interested in adopting this little guy. I live in sacramento & have been looking for a baby leopard tortoise. I can pay the shipping to ship him overnight.

Destben

Kansas
I too am willing to pay shipping if everyone else who has already commented falls through.