Free Sulcata to Good Home - Please Help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

tortaunt

5 Year Member
A couple of years back, I rescued tortilla from my sister and her kids. S/he was living in a tank and not being taken care of properly. Since that time, I have done my best to give Tortilla a better life; however, I know that Tortilla could be happier some place else where someone loves her/him and s/he has space to roam. I am in the Los Angeles area and could drive Tortilla to a great, new home in a reasonable distance.

I have attached some pics. Please let me know if I can provide any more info to help you decide to love Tortilla forever!

24mz4bc.jpg

302yopj.jpg

30arguv.jpg

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
If no one responds you can always contact the California turtle and tortoise club, they can help find a great new home.

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Hi,

How big is Tortilla? We are going to Lake Tahoe next weekend and we could probably pick him up on the way up or back down. We weren't in the market for another sulcata just now, but he seems small enough that we could house him indoors for the winter this year (short as they are in our parts) and build the shed next winter. If someone else wants him before then, by all means, feel free to pass him on, but we'd be happy to be your worst case scenario.

Kathy (Momof4), are you interested in this little guy? I'd be happy to fetch him for you.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
Thanks Renee but Sullies freak my husband out! I need to start smaller.
Good luck finding him a good home, he's a cutie!

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
He is small. He won't get big until later! :p

He is a cute one, isn't he? I'm still interested if you can't find anyone else. :)

tortaunt

5 Year Member
Lulu said:
He is small. He won't get big until later! :p

He is a cute one, isn't he? I'm still interested if you can't find anyone else. :)

This is great news! Let me measure him for you and post back tomorrow. Can you share some pics of your set-up so I know Tortilla will be living well? :)

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
I don't have a set up for him specifically yet, but you can see what I have set up for my Russian and hatchling Sulcata in prior threads, and I'll see if I can get some pics of the hubby's Russian enclosure. Right now where I would put him is pretty much bare yard that I'll throw some sulcata food seed onto tomorrow.

Here are pictures of my Russian's enclosure and my Sulcata's enclosure (he's 3 months old). They both are now full of weeds and grasses that the tortoises eat. Tortilla's would look more like the Russian's but would be bigger. He would have a more secure "dog house" where he could be shut in at night or he would be brought in at night. Cyrano's (my Russian's) enclosure was put together in a couple of hours. He was a rescue from Craigslist.

n2zxc9.jpg

fngs1v.jpg

211tnyu.jpg

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
LOL. I'm actively looking for more Russians. I wasn't looking for more Sulcatas but this one is a good size that he won't be too much work just yet to heat for the winter. He's also not that far ahead of Cecil that he'd add a lot of extra work. I'll have to do the heavy lifting only a little bit ahead of schedule.

But, yeah, Cyrano has gotten me wanting more Russians, for sure. I just don't want to buy from the pet store. I'm hoping to find some more on Craigslist. Maybe by next year, Cyrano can have some lady friends.

Texastort

10 Year Member!
Lulu said:
LOL. I'm actively looking for more Russians. I wasn't looking for more Sulcatas but this one is a good size that he won't be too much work just yet to heat for the winter. He's also not that far ahead of Cecil that he'd add a lot of extra work. I'll have to do the heavy lifting only a little bit ahead of schedule.

But, yeah, Cyrano has gotten me wanting more Russians, for sure. I just don't want to buy from the pet store. I'm hoping to find some more on Craigslist. Maybe by next year, Cyrano can have some lady friends.

I'll take him if you can ship him to Texas!

stena29

5 Year Member
Porterville ca
I would love to have him! I live in the Bakersfield area and have been looking for one! I lost my 15 year old desert tortise 3 months ago and is finally ready to occupy his home. [email protected] is my email

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Hi Christina. If you guys can work out the details, go for it! :)

tortaunt

5 Year Member
Hey guys!

I'm so happy to see so many people who can give Tortilla a good home. I measured him, by the way, and he seems to be about 7". Renee (lulu?): sounds like you would prefer that I see if I can make it work with Christina? I will contact her if you like but I was feeling really good about you! And ensuring that Tortilla goes to a good home is THE MOST IMPORTANT thing. :)

Lulu

5 Year Member
San Diego, CA
Christina just lost a tortoise a few months ago and is no doubt missing him very much. I think that would be a very good thing for her to have a new tortoise to care for. Again, I am happy to take him, but if you can make it work with Christina, I think that might benefit both of you.

Tortaunt, I am taking this to PM so that you don't feel like your decision is being scrutinized. :) I have sent you a message.

Status
Not open for further replies.