freebie comes home tomorrow

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

squirtle

cvalda said:
You know for ages I didn't have any desire to read The Dark Tower. My favorites are the ones like The Girl Who Loved Tom Gordon, The Long Walk, and Misery, where it really focuses on one person over a short timeframe.

But I was rereading Everything's Eventual, and I guess I must have skipped The Sisters of Eluria the first time around, so I read that and really was impressed by it and decided I ought to give The Dark Tower a chance. I devoured book one, so am really looking forward to the rest of the series now!

I haven't tackled the Stand yet... I don't enjoy the ones with layers and layers of characters quite as much. But will eventually read them ALL! I just need to stop rereading the ones I love so much! LOL!

That is funny...I am exactly the opposite! I didn't loooove Misery, Tommyknockers, and Rose Madder. I did like the Long Walk and the other novellas quite a bit. Everything's Eventual I love. Desperation and the Regulators were the only ones I really didn't get into at all!

I was interested in the Dark Tower books but didn't get hooked until the 3rd...The Wastelands. Then I went back and reread the Stand and loved the overlapping characters.

Roland....I love it! PERFECT NAME!!!

jlyoncc1

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
NJ
Very cute - he's lucky to have you!

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
squirtle said:
That is funny...I am exactly the opposite! I didn't loooove Misery, Tommyknockers, and Rose Madder. I did like the Long Walk and the other novellas quite a bit. Everything's Eventual I love. Desperation and the Regulators were the only ones I really didn't get into at all!

I was interested in the Dark Tower books but didn't get hooked until the 3rd...The Wastelands. Then I went back and reread the Stand and loved the overlapping characters.

Oh holy bob, I HATED The Regulators and Desperation! I was so happy when I finished them! ROFL! You know which one I really enjoyed recently? Lisey's Story! I think I need me a Lisey, too!

S

squirtle

cvalda said:
squirtle said:

Oh holy bob, I HATED The Regulators and Desperation! I was so happy when I finished them! ROFL! You know which one I really enjoyed recently? Lisey's Story! I think I need me a Lisey, too!

They were just so...dark and nasty. And not in a good clean scary fun way!!! ICK!

I loved Lisey's story....my grandmother called me Lisey my whole life, so I was excited when I read it was coming out! I can never have a Lisey as my pets seem to always be male!!

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Now see I am the opposite of you guys, I really did not like the tower series. Had to force myself to read them. To me it's interesting how he writes almost two different kinds of books.

Back to Roland the Tort...looks like you have a nice male there with a little time and loving care.

cvalda

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wisconsin
LOL Yah I agree! That's what makes him such a good author... because he doesn't write just one type of story. I get frustrated when people think he JUSt writes horror stories!

As for my Roland, he is starting to "come out of his shell" already (no pun intended!) He's been exploring his enclosure, going in the water dish, and comes out when he knows it's time to eat! I'm sure in a week or two, he'll start enjoying attention from us! He's really a nice boy!

barbie69

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Ohio
cvalda said:
As for my Roland, he is starting to "come out of his shell" already (no pun intended!) He's been exploring his enclosure, going in the water dish, and comes out when he knows it's time to eat! I'm sure in a week or two, he'll start enjoying attention from us! He's really a nice boy!

That is great to hear! He is a very handsome boy!! Congrats!:)

Cam

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Minnesota
He has so much character. Congratulations!

Status
Not open for further replies.