Freezing Cold Or Boiling Hot Weather?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
Hi all, hope you're well.

If you were to choose between freezing cold weather with rain and snow, and boiling hot weather with NOTHING in the middle, which would you choose?

I'd definitely choose the EXTREMELY HOT weather, even with a heatwave, when temperature reaches 50 degrees Celcius here! And we're expecting a second heatwave next week.

Notice the two images:

a) with snow we get 'imprisoned' at home days on end, and get bored to death.
b) when the sun is striking, ok, we are warned not to go out in the sun. But one can drive, go out after sunset, and last but not the least...go for a swim, and remain at the beach.

Attachments

• snow.jpg
    2.7 KB · Views: 19
  • sun.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 18

ascott

10 Year Member!
Apple Valley, California
Hi all, hope you're well.

If you were to choose between freezing cold weather with rain and snow, and boiling hot weather with NOTHING in the middle, which would you choose?

I'd definitely choose the EXTREMELY HOT weather, even with a heatwave, when temperature reaches 50 degrees Celcius here! And we're expecting a second heatwave next week.

Notice the two images:

a) with snow we get 'imprisoned' at home days on end, and get bored to death.
b) when the sun is striking, ok, we are warned not to go out in the sun. But one can drive, go out after sunset, and last but not the least...go for a swim, and remain at the beach.

Hot any day over freezing...hands down.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
My body doesn't handle the heat well, so my body chooses cold. However, I have tortoises and I don't like the cold, so I choose heat and body just has to deal with it:D

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
CA
ethical dilemma averted. I prefer warm weather my body doesn't handle cold very well. Plus in my honest opinion cold weather is easier to xscape then warm. when we have air conditioning in the hot weather and heaters in the cold or no such amenities?

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Don't even need one second to think about it. I will take the hot weather! I HATE cold weather. I can tolerate cold with the right gear and clothes, but I hate the overcast gloom and I just do the minimum possible to get through a cold day. Heat doesn't bother me. I work outside all day here when its 100+. (That's 38+c…) I can't stand coming home after a cold day and by the time I peel off all the clothes there is an entire load of laundry from ONE day. Blechh! No thank you.

I'll take the good tortoise weather any day. Thank you.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hotty hot hot hot hot.
I can always go to My Cold Dark Room.
Hi Adam, Wifey and Tidjy.

That's something we have in common: our 'love' for hot Summer weather in the Middle East. Imagine that when temp reached 50 degrees Celcius, I managed with a fan only, and did not use the A/Cs at all. Could you, or would that be a bit too much?

TMartin510

Fremont, California
Man being very hot weather drains your energy faster + Sunburn. Being cold weather gives ya an excuse to stay in and warm with your lady and torts! With the right set up of course :D

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Man being very hot weather drains your energy faster + Sunburn. Being cold weather gives ya an excuse to stay in and warm with your lady and torts! With the right set up of course :D
Might be true, but I love the sun and hate, really hate Winter, the cold weather, rain and last but not least snow. A heatwave is on its way, and will get here tomorrow Friday....GREAT!

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Hi Adam, Wifey and Tidjy.

That's something we have in common: our 'love' for hot Summer weather in the Middle East. Imagine that when temp reached 50 degrees Celcius, I managed with a fan only, and did not use the A/Cs at all. Could you, or would that be a bit too much?
I can be quite happy at 45° but too long at 50° does indeed become a bit much.
Hi, Gillian, Hi Oli.

TMartin510

Fremont, California
Might be true, but I love the sun and hate, really hate Winter, the cold weather, rain and last but not least snow. A heatwave is on its way, and will get here tomorrow Friday....GREAT!
I perfer it in the middle, which is what my state California mostly is haha. It gets cold in the winter but not to cold, maybe 60-70's and easy to stay warm. Summer gets decently hot but mostly 80's but the sun is nice but not too hot. Now unfortunately where I sleep will feel like high 90s but a costco fan fixes that right up.

Enjoy the sun! :)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I perfer it in the middle, which is what my state California mostly is haha. It gets cold in the winter but not to cold, maybe 60-70's and easy to stay warm. Summer gets decently hot but mostly 80's but the sun is nice but not too hot. Now unfortunately where I sleep will feel like high 90s but a costco fan fixes that right up.

Enjoy the sun! :)

Hello. 'Something in the middle' is not an answer to my question is it?

I'll enjoy my beloved sun, thank you!

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I can be quite happy at 45° but too long at 50° does indeed become a bit much.
Hi, Gillian, Hi Oli.
That I can understand, which you mentioned during the last heatwave. But personally, I'd rather 50 degrees C to cold weather.

Prairie Mom

I've always had a fascination with Antarctica. Some day in the distant future, I'll take a trip there.:) So, I choose cold.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I've always had a fascination with Antarctica. Some day in the distant future, I'll take a trip there.:) So, I choose cold.
If and when you do visit it, enjoy that.....freezing cold weather, and remember my words.You'll be saying: 'Wish it was warmer.'

Tidgy's Dad

5 Year Member
Fes, Morocco
Brrrrrr!!!!!!!!!
I got offered a chance to go and do some geological research once, but it would have been 4 to 8 months.
And i'd just got back from 4 months in the Sahara and before that 6 weeks in Saudi.
One extreme to the other, I was exhausted so declined.
Wish i'd said yes now, but it's too cold for me to function properly.