Freezing Cold Or Boiling Hot Weather?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jordan
I'm well. Just FAR too hot.
Glad to hear you're well, but is it that hot back there? Imagine being here tomorrow, when a second heatwave is to begin and temperature will be at least 40 degrees Celcius! I love that, and I'm welcoming the heatwave.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
I will go with the cold
Hello. I am wondering why most people (at the forum or elsewhere) would rather the cold, extremely cold weather, although A/Cs are available nearly everywhere nowadays, and are not a luxury any more. They are available at home, offices, supermarkets, malls, cars and so on. Moreover they have become cheaper and cheaper.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Here there is a constant heat. Maybe 91 to 96 degrees and then there is the humidity. It's regularly nearly 100%.
Combined, it is truly unpleasant.
Also, I generally love very cold temperature. I visited Connecticut last winter in a t shirt. I loved it.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hello. I am wondering why most people (at the forum or elsewhere) would rather the cold, extremely cold weather, although A/Cs are available nearly everywhere nowadays, and are not a luxury any more. They are available at home, offices, supermarkets, malls, cars and so on. Moreover they have become cheaper and cheaper.
If you have AC, you are cheating. You must choose extreme heat or cold.....Unless you change the rules. It IS your post.:)

weldorNate

10 Year Member!
North Dakota
Well once it reaches -40 i stay inside where its warm. The heat problem for me is I work in a shop where a/c would cost to much to operate then I use a cutting torch a lot or a welder so its nice heat in the writer but gets really hot in the summer

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
If you have AC, you are cheating. You must choose extreme heat or cold.....Unless you change the rules. It IS your post.:)
Alright, no A/Cs I still prefer the very hot weather. OK? A heatwave has begun today.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Absolutely. I can't stand cold. I live in north Texas and that's too cold for me. I eventually plan to move to south Texas.
I cannot stand cold weather either. And I live in a country (Jordan, in the Middle East), where it's either freezing cold or boiling hot, and we are deprived Autumn and Spring which is too bad.

Lyn W

5 Year Member
UK
Freezing for me! I'd rather be able to add layers to warm up than get to the bare minimum of clothing and still be uncomfortable in the heat.
That is a bit selfish of me considering I have a leopard tort though.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Freezing for me! I'd rather be able to add layers to warm up than get to the bare minimum of clothing and still be uncomfortable in the heat.
That is a bit selfish of me considering I have a leopard tort though.
Hello Lyn. That was expected from you: freezing cold....brrrrr. Am shivering just at the thought, while the sun is striking in Amman. How about a visit during the heat wave?

Prairie Mom

I'll be your Antarctica buddy if you ever go. I've seriously thought about trying to get a job there for a season. Really wish I had done it back when my life was simpler.
Ha! Awesome! I may hold you to that!!!! I don't know anyone else who wants to go with me---hmmm...can't imagine why:D

When I was in my early 20's I knew a girl who worked there every summer for a few years. She worked as a dishwasher. She didn't get to see much, but it was obviously enough to keep her coming back.I was always pretty jealous. She told me that they had ropes between all the buildings so you could feel your way through thick snow. -Oddly enough, that made me want to go there even more:)

Prairie Mom

Brrrrrr!!!!!!!!!
I got offered a chance to go and do some geological research once, but it would have been 4 to 8 months.
And i'd just got back from 4 months in the Sahara and before that 6 weeks in Saudi.
One extreme to the other, I was exhausted so declined.
Wish i'd said yes now, but it's too cold for me to function properly.
Wow! You have done some amazing travels. You're right, those are some pretty serious extremes. Some time you should make a thread and show off a few photos. I'm sure I'm not the only one who would be interested:)

Prairie Mom

If and when you do visit it, enjoy that.....freezing cold weather, and remember my words.You'll be saying: 'Wish it was warmer.'
I'm sure you're right. When I lived in Maine there were a few times when I couldn't catch my breath because it was so cold. At least I'd come back with some good Antarctica weather "war" stories:)

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Ha! Awesome! I may hold you to that!!!! I don't know anyone else who wants to go with me---hmmm...can't imagine why:D

When I was in my early 20's I knew a girl who worked there every summer for a few years. She worked as a dishwasher. She didn't get to see much, but it was obviously enough to keep her coming back.I was always pretty jealous. She told me that they had ropes between all the buildings so you could feel your way through thick snow. -Oddly enough, that made me want to go there even more:)
Want to go even more?! You must be joking. That would make me NOT want to get to such paces even more.