French Marigold

Beetheliam

Location (City and/or State)
Warrington
Hi everyone, me and my partner have a red foot tortoise called Pablo. Today Pablo managed to eat some French Marigold flower, and we have found out that it is not safe to feed, but we cannot find anywhere that says whether it is toxic and dangerous for them to eat. Any help would be great as we don't know what to.

Littleredfootbigredheart

UK
I’ll have a look into this further for you, but let me tag @RosemaryDW too because she’s generally our go to on plants.

For what it’s worth though, if he only ate a little bit I wouldn’t worry yourself, they’re very hardy when it comes it comes to this kind of thing, don’t get me wrong you obviously don’t want them eating toxic plants, but a small amount on accident shouldn’t cause any harm, sometimes in the wild they actually eat a small amount of something toxic to help rid themselves of parasites

Do daily soaks for now to help it pass through his system and keep a close eye🙂

Beetheliam

Warrington
I’ll have a look into this further for you, but let me tag @RosemaryDW too because she’s generally our go to on plants.

For what it’s worth though, if he only ate a little bit I wouldn’t worry yourself, they’re very hardy when it comes it comes to this kind of thing, don’t get me wrong you obviously don’t want them eating toxic plants, but a small amount on accident shouldn’t cause any harm, sometimes in the wild they actually eat a small amount of something toxic to help rid themselves of parasites

Do daily soaks for now to help it pass through his system and keep a close eye🙂
Thank you, we called a vet and they said the same thing.