Friend is concerned about his box turtles size?

Grapes

Both boxies are from the same clutch only one seems to have really put on any substantial growth though.

Munch- which is my eastern box turtle hatchling has steadily put on weight since I got him. As of today Munch is 24 grams.

Cheese- which is my buddies eastern box is quite a bit smaller and doesn't weigh nearly as much only 14 grams.

They are on the same diet of meal worms, wax worms, red wigglers and garden snails. Both using reptical both ambient temps 70 high side 80. Both in 10 gallon tanks right now. Substrate Eco earth humidity hovers around 65% pretty consistently.

There is one big difference in both ours care for our babies. I got mine used to eating in a terra cotta dish out in the open so I can watch him eat.
My buddy doesn't do that he just throws some feeders in a dish and trust him to hunt them down.

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1451255743.844343.jpg
This is munch

ImageUploadedByTortoise Forum1451255765.360761.jpg
This is cheese

Should he be concerned about his boxies growth? If so any suggestions?

lismar79

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Ohio USA
Tell him to feed the same way as you maybe and track growth progress just to see if that is it. Do you both provide the same hydration?

Grapes

He actually has his tank set up half water. I just provide a terra cotta saucer with fresh water everyday.