Friends are great!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Arkansas
Looky what I got in the mail today! Its so nice to have great torty friends! These 5 pads weigh 11lbs total. My tortoises are going to be sooooo happy. I cant say thank you enough!!!

884ba004.jpg

df427cab.jpg

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Anja, where did you get them from? Do all the torts like them? Can we get some too!!! How much will you feed them at one time?
na

Nay

10 Year Member!
Belchertown Ma
Duh!!! Sometimes just kick me!! I just read your title
NA

JustAnja

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Arkansas
A friend in Cali sent them to me. You can order them from Jeff Gee in AZ as well. http://market.kingsnake.com/detail.php?cat=28&de=410489 His about the same size as these, maybe a bit smaller. He offers two options for ordering. The largest being 40lbs for $75 shipped. I did buy some from him at the Chicago NARBC show a few months back and they were very nice and lasted quite a long time in the crisper of my fridge.

I feed it about once a week. Most tortoises like it and will eat it. They are high in beta carotene, iron, some B vitamins, and are good sources of both vitamin C and calcium. For the smaller torts I grate it on a food grater and for the bigger torts I cut it up in chunks. Just a few pieces mixed in with their regular foods.

Coldliz

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Wow!! those are huge!! I need to get some friends like yours!

My tort loves the cactus. I think she's an addict. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.