Fun surprise for my wife and I

surfergirl

I always got the nursery hang on plastic bins. Has slot in the bottom for the babies , after they are all born I would just keep them in the small hang boxes, it vents the water from the whole aquarium but protects the babes...

drew54

Location (City and/or State)
Indiana
If you have one female and several males, she might be in trouble. If you have a mixed group, a larger tank and plenty of hiding areas, she should be okay, but keep an eye on things.

I am as I don't want anything to happen to her. Thank you for your help. I think now it's just a waiting game.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Get some live moss balls or some plants that babies can hide in.
They'll even hide in gravel that is large enough to have voids in it.
Mollie will eat babies. But there are about 15 to 20 each birth. And they breed so often that no matter what you do, you'll have dozens this time next year.
Feed the adults well and they'll be less likely to eat the babies.
Pinch some fish food in your fingers and "grind" it into a powder for any babies to eat.
Place a sponge over the intake to your filter. Most filters will suck up half the babies within the first few hours.

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Also, as @Tom suggested. Mollies really only do well with a bit of salt water. Sea salt. Not the medicinal salt used for treating illness. Something like INSTANT OCEAN mix is what I'd use.
There are in fact wild green mollies here in south Florida. The water where they are found is very mildly salty. Purely fresh water mollies will live, but never really thrive for generations.
However, a lot of other aquatic fishes, etc have NO tolerance for salt in the water. Apple snails included.
So if you go the mildly saline way. Make sure you google any other fish or creature in the tank to make sure they can tolerate it.