future tort keeper!

Status
Not open for further replies.

reptastic

5 Year Member
hello everyone, im chris and im a avid reptile keeper, i curently have 3 tegus,1 green iguana, 1 rhino iguana, 1 bearded dreagon,1 mali uromastyx,1 crested gecko,1 leopard gecko and a red tail boa. i have always admired the tortoises like the sucattas, the leopards and the golapagos, i have been reading caresheets on the care of the leopards(my fave) and would like to own one, but i think i may start off with a russian. if i do go with the russian ill keep him in a 4x3x1 pen in my reptile room! thanks for having me!

DonaTello's-Mom

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
California, central coast
Hi Chris and welcome! You have quite a zoo! I have a young Sully, their really kewl. Great keepers on here with loads of experience. Check out the Russian and enclosure.....good stuff there.
Oh yeah, we love pictures!!!

purpod

10 Year Member!
5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Ventura County, CA
Greetings & Welcome, Chris ~

Sounds like you're doing some footwork before you buy; always a good thing, ;) yeah. You might wanna look at specific areas on the care sheets for each tort you are interested in, since there are differences in each species: such as Leopards do not hibernate & Russians do, etc.. (Not implying that you wouldn't; not trying to hurted any feelings, to be sure! :cool: )

Anyways, I love my 3 Leopards & wish you the very bestest in whichever species you decide upon. And again, welcome to TFO!

Purpod :p

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
welcome! if you get a russian, you won't be disappointed, guaranteed!

Status
Not open for further replies.