Gamera the Marginated

Location (City and/or State)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Been watching and learning for quite a while; so here is our boy Gamera.
He just turned 2 and he is a member of our family bigtime.
Potty trained (by his own choice) we let him out and he does his business in a smaller container usually within 15 minutes. He also loves to relax and watch tv with us as long as you pet/scratch him or he will remind you.
baby Gamera.jpg
when he was young and TINY! his first bowl was an ashtray in case some of you have not seen one :)
He also looks forward to his morning shower in the sink. Posted that video a while a go but he still demands his morning shower... We have our first Vet appt. Tuesday as he is wheezing a bit; he only does it when he is excited and pumping crazy. Like when he sees someone you can here him "whistle thru his nose" no liquid, and never at normal times. but if he sees a dandelion or me he goes into a pumping/squeaking frenzy until he is fed or picked up.

Attachments

• December Gamera.jpg
    December Gamera.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 20

LoonyLovegood

Colorado Springs, CO
That looks like the happiest tortoise ever! I hope the vet figures out the wheezing thing. I used to know a box turtle that did the same thing; never did find out why.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Gams cowboy hat 2018.jpg same hat at 2, seems to grow every day now. Vet said it is nothing to worry about. When he gets happy and starts pumping he is more whistling. and loves his shoulders and knees scratched