Garden chat & photos for torts and people ♫ ♫

Oxalis

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
I know this is probably not unique, but I have never seen it before, so it's unique to my mind. This is an Oklahoma red bud tree blooming now:

View attachment 368544View attachment 368545View attachment 368546

I've never seen blossoms on the trunk of the tree before. It's very strange to me.
Neat! I haven't seen them on the trunk of the tree either. We have two younger redbuds (Cercis canadensis) that have grown quite a bit in the past couple years. I'm hoping for some good blooms this spring. I'll try to get a photo if I remember.

Len B

10 Year Member!
Southern Md - Northern Neck Va

JoJosMom

Canebrake, CA
I know this is probably not unique, but I have never seen it before, so it's unique to my mind. This is an Oklahoma red bud tree blooming now:

View attachment 368544View attachment 368545View attachment 368546

I've never seen blossoms on the trunk of the tree before. It's very strange to me.
Wow Yvonne, what a beautiful bloom! The color is gorgeous. I wonder if I can grow that here in zone 9? Living in the high desert definitely has its perks but I find it is very difficult to grow plants and trees. One major reason being the little turds who come along and eat everything, Doesn't matter how well I protect it with tree ring fencing, pot it so it is up off the ground, the little critters (Mice etc) manage to find it and eat every last bit of it.

A great photograph, that bloom on the trunk is incredible, never seen anything like it before.