Gel Food Trial

jsheffield

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Westmoreland, NH
I read the thread about the gel food and wondered... I was skeptical initially (wondering why/how it could be better than the individual ingredients) but my torts seem to enjoy biting into the texture the gel provides.

i made up a batch yesterday and served it this morning using agar agar, my own mix of flowers, herbs, weeds, and seaweed, and a few bites of Mazuri... surprisingly, Persephone, my new Russian, was the first at it, I would have bet on Darwin, my Redfoot.

He got to it a few minutes later, followed by Aretha (MEP), then Nelson (Hingeback), and finally Chili (another Russian).

It was all I gave them this morning, and they ate what I served with gusto... I also noticed that compared to feeding loose greens and herbs and flowers and weeds, there was much less mess and waste.

Jamie

katieandiggy

5 Year Member
Suffolk, United Kingdom
I read the thread about the gel food and wondered... I was skeptical initially (wondering why/how it could be better than the individual ingredients) but my torts seem to enjoy biting into the texture the gel provides.

i made up a batch yesterday and served it this morning using agar agar, my own mix of flowers, herbs, weeds, and seaweed, and a few bites of Mazuri... surprisingly, Persephone, my new Russian, was the first at it, I would have bet on Darwin, my Redfoot.

He got to it a few minutes later, followed by Aretha (MEP), then Nelson (Hingeback), and finally Chili (another Russian).

It was all I gave them this morning, and they ate what I served with gusto... I also noticed that compared to feeding loose greens and herbs and flowers and weeds, there was much less mess and waste.

Jamie
I messaged you on Instagram...

ZenHerper

New Jersey
Pro: this would be a great way to approach a newly-acquired; poor-eating; newly-awake; or baby tort.

Con: not sure if there would be a problem with overgrown beak surfaces, long term...