Gel on my sulcata baby's cloaca

Clarissa Sugianto

Hello .. my sulcata doesn't eat well during these 3 months... loss of appetite, but he's still eat couples bite of mazuri and fumak . . He suffered MBD , which is the plastron is flex and shell seems hollow when i lighten it ....

Another disease is come and come . . Dunno why , but there's a Gel in his cloaca..is this normal? Or it's a digestion problem?

20170204_231918.jpg

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
It sounds like you have a pretty sick baby on your hands. I don't know what the 'gel' is, but you need to get this baby set up properly and get him eating a good diet with calcium and UVB lighting. Please read the threads at the top of the Sulcata section and make the necessary changes to the way you have your baby set up.

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
Hello @Clarissa Sugianto and a very warm welcome to the forum. :D

Terribly sorry to hear that your cute little tort is sick. How about seeing a vet?

Wishes for your tort to get well soon. :<3:

Please keep us updated.

Bee62

Germany
Baby tortoises mostly get sick if they are kept to cold, to dry, with no UVB light and into too small enclosures.
If you don`t change this parameters ( if they are wrong ) first, your tortoise will get more and more sick.
Can you please tell us how you keep your little baby tort ? Temps night and day, humidity, which UVB bulb you use and pics of the enclosure will be helpful.
We are more than willing to help you, that your baby soon recover.

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Oh darn, I'm so sorry. No, Clarissa, you're not a bad keeper. You just got an animal and listened to the wrong folks on how to take care of it. Pet stores and books or internet articles printed a while ago and never updated, have bad info. And you have no way of knowing this.

Bee62

Germany
I am sorry to hear of your loss. But you are not a bad keeper.
Like @Yvonne G said, you made mistakes because you got the wrong information about your tortoise.
If you want to get another tort, please read here in the forum all you can get about sulcatas. And do things like they are said.
And when you are still uncertain, write a new thread here and you get all the help you need to keep a new tortoise well.

Bee62

Germany
I`ve read in another thread that you`ve got another sulcata baby tortoise.
If you are a good keeper do things better. Do things as they were told you.
Do you will ???

Clarissa Sugianto

I`ve read in another thread that you`ve got another sulcata baby tortoise.
If you are a good keeper do things better. Do things as they were told you.
Do you will ???
It was my baby sulcata ... adopted by my friend 1 month ago ...

Thank you all for care ... owe so much to this forum