General thank you to everyone that contributes to this forum!

lionheartHC

Location (City and/or State)
OH
I love being able to speak to/bounce ideas off like minded people that enjoy the hobby of keeping tortoises. Not only keeping them but giving them the life that they deserve to thrive! I was on the reddit tortoise thread and it's so sad to see people keeping these incredible animals in terrible shape due to not doing their due diligence. Not only this but they refuse to listen to any sort of criticism to give their pets a better life. Informing people is the name of the game, and it's just incredible that this community exists to give guidance and be such a welcoming place. So thank you to those who go out of their way to make this possible! Especially @Tom who's replied to every question I've personally asked. :)

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
I love being able to speak to/bounce ideas off like minded people that enjoy the hobby of keeping tortoises. Not only keeping them but giving them the life that they deserve to thrive! I was on the reddit tortoise thread and it's so sad to see people keeping these incredible animals in terrible shape due to not doing their due diligence. Not only this but they refuse to listen to any sort of criticism to give their pets a better life. Informing people is the name of the game, and it's just incredible that this community exists to give guidance and be such a welcoming place. So thank you to those who go out of their way to make this possible! Especially @Tom who's replied to every question I've personally asked. :)
Outside of this forum, it seems like a lot of keepers are more concerned with what is convenient for them instead of what is best for the animals.
And to them I say: "Just because your tortoise isn't dead, doesn't mean you're doing anything correct".

lionheartHC

OH
Outside of this forum, it seems like a lot of keepers are more concerned with what is convenient for them instead of what is best for the animals.
And to them I say: "Just because your tortoise isn't dead, doesn't mean you're doing anything correct".
I agree with you 100%! I just wish it was easier to make people care. Just because your tortoise is eating everyday does not mean it's thriving. I finally threw the towel in on reddit last week when the top post was "I'm tired of people on here doing nothing but complaining about setups" and it had more upvotes than any post I've seen... Meanwhile their hatchling enclosure is filled with perlite, zero humidity and eating nothing but lettuce. It baffles me that people are not open to constructive criticism to give their animals a better life.

lionheartHC

OH
Happy birthday!! :) Forgot to add that part lol