Gentamicin for runny nose?

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
Thank you for the advice. I've stopped the antibiotics a while ago, and I'm making sure she stays warm and hydrated.

So, given the circumstances do you think it will be too risky to hibernate her?

Well, that is a tricky question...however, with the fact that you have been administering medications to the tortoise I would be hesitant in allowing the tort to do a full brumation.....NOW, with that being said--there are options, and they would be based on the tortoise entirely (again, this is what I would consider) if the tortoise does not slow down at all for winter---then overwintering the tort will be relatively easy and the desired method this winter, however, if the tort is like most--it will have a strong drive to rest for the season--so if this is the case, you can perhaps offer a short period of brumation (to allow the tort some satisfaction in quenching its drive/desire) which will allow the tort some rest as well as to help avoid any additional stress....or you can begin the brumation process (again, this is solely if the tort insists, and some absolutely do) and closely monitor the tort throughout the process....

Offer regular soaks for hydration and good luck to you and the tort with whichever you decide.