George has pulled off a couple of scales

Status
Not open for further replies.

george.T.tort

5 Year Member
Hi all, my marginated George has managed to pull off a couple of his scales on his front legs whilst attempting to escape from his outdoor enclosure. It looks like he has fresh scales underneath. In the same way that we have fresh skin under a scab. I was wondering if this could become infected at all or wether the new scales underneath will just toughen up as they are now exposedImageUploadedByTortForum1372959960.882683.jpgImageUploadedByTortForum1372959979.165184.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

ascott

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Apple Valley, California
I would spend some time and attention on the spots he is getting to that is allowing the damage....and then fix those spots....I would keep his injuries clean and fly free if there is any break in the skin...

Chinque

5 Year Member
Florida
Check up on it a few times every day. If it seems to be infected or doesn't look right, call a vet

JoesMum

10 Year Member!
Kent, South East England
He should be fine. It does happen. You should look at the boundaries to see what you can do to minimise the risk of him doing it again... some torts are incorrigible though... completely accident prone... a bit like my son really (I end up in the accident and emergency dept with him far too often!)

Status
Not open for further replies.