Get my torts Thursday what to do?!?!

swatsx

5 Year Member
What should I do / look for when my torts come Thursday? I plan on getting some food for them in the am so I'll have it on hand I'm also going to change out the wood chips she has them on for coco coir, from the pics I can see, the guys look a lil dry and the friend I'm getting them from says she soaks them 20 min a week I have a 6ft x 30in fish tank that I can set up for a few months to improve humidity it's just inches narrower then the table she has them in now but the table is open all over so it can't hold in humidity. She says they are about 2-3 years old if this helps any

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
First thing is to give them/it a warm 20-30 minute soak. Then it some food in the enclosure song with the torts and leave them/it alone until the next day.

Yellow Turtle01

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
OH, USA
Awesome! How great :D
Yep, a soak is in order. They'll probably hide for the rest o the day, and for that matter, a few days after you get them. Let them settle in and always have fresh food out until they get settled in.

swatsx

5 Year Member
I'll post pics probably Friday and maybe even start a new thread so if there is anything I need to do to them can be all in one area