Get Real! This Can Not Be Happening!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turtlechasers

10 Year Member!
lushcious said:
I wish there was some control over it.

These is a way to control... Stop buying Chineese products... Basically stop buying at Walmart... Talk to your legistator... Support U.S. jobs... Buy U.S. products at a higher cost...

Zamric

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
The Crystal Unicorn
Turtlechasers said:
lushcious said:

These is a way to control... Stop buying Chineese products... Basically stop buying at Walmart... Talk to your legistator... Support U.S. jobs... Buy U.S. products at a higher cost...

I agree! If we bought U.S. made products over China made products our economy would be much better and we wouldn't have a MASSIVE dept to China. There products are always substandered and most always contain some kind of carcinagen (lead, arsinec, and other known poisons).

We would pay a little more for US made products but the money would stay here instead of going overseas.

Sammy

5 Year Member
Hong Kong
People in Asia don't like buying China stuff as alot of fakes and dangerous chemicals are used. Also, I don't think eating animal's organs or shark's fin will cure any illness, boost youth, nothing is gained, this is just cruel, torture and a total nonsense. I think humans should cut down on eating animals, too much meat is not good for them. IMHO

Turtlechasers

10 Year Member!
Chelonian species all over the planet are becoming endangered. Let's do the same as AU, forbid our turtles from being exported and forbid importation of exotics. This would limit the supply of hatchling RES and SS being exploited in other countries...

Sammy

5 Year Member
Hong Kong
In asia they eat the turtle jelly or tea, boil turtles & herbs. My colleague said it'll make her prettier after eating it, she looked really ugly afterwards.

Turtlechasers

10 Year Member!
Sammy said:
In asia they eat the turtle jelly or tea, boil turtles & herbs. My colleague said it'll make her prettier after eating it, she looked really ugly afterwards.

Sounds ugly without visualizing...

EricIvins

5 Year Member
Turtlechasers said:
Chelonian species all over the planet are becoming endangered. Let's do the same as AU, forbid our turtles from being exported and forbid importation of exotics. This would limit the supply of hatchling RES and SS being exploited in other countries...

That isn't the answer at all........

Animals are going to exploited no matter what everyone thinks.......Banning or "forbiding" things only leads to a very lucretive Black Market......Endless examples abound to support that.......

tortoiselady

5 Year Member
S. CA
Sad - Sad - Sad - makes me a ashamed of humans... Animals were here first and they will be here last. . . Long live the shell !

Turtlechasers

10 Year Member!
That isn't the answer at all........

Animals are going to exploited no matter what everyone thinks.......Banning or "forbiding" things only leads to a very lucretive Black Market......Endless examples abound to support that.......
[/quote]

You are right... So coming from you what is the answer??? The answer is not easy... Nor will the solution result in change over night... The answer is education... Education directed toward those who are offending... Education of a culture...

l0velesly

10 Year Member!
Lynnwood, WA
Neltharion said:
dmmj said:
If they are real, and they are sealed in a bag they would not make it 1 week let alone 1 month, they would suffocate.
I still say it is fake.

They are very much real. This was exposed back in 2008 with all the coverage of the Olympics in Beijing. Kids buy these clear bags with dyed water and turtles or fish for around 5 yuan or roughly 75 cents each. I actually saw these being sold by a street vendor in Hong Kong, I had a connecting flight that stopped there.

China doesn't have the same animal cruelty laws that we have here. There are laws to protect animals and endangered species in the wild. But if its captive bred or farmed animals, people are more or less free to do as they will. Just do a search on 'raccoon dogs skinned alive' for knock off Ugg boots. There are sites that actually have video footage. This is happening in 'fur farms' in China.

I found a youtube video of it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=UU1XGXMELyw
:(

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Turtlechasers said:
lushcious said:

Almost every store sells Chinese products. I don't buy products from certain areas like china but it is really short sighted to just make it a walmart issue. I do agree though that one way to make a change is to manage where you put your dollars, but unless it happens in mass the issues will be overlooked.

GeoTerraTestudo said:
lushcious said:

Here's a video commentary on these "live key chains" in China, as well as animal cruelty elsewhere in the world:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=endscreen&NR=1&v=J6bNustb0GM

I can't watch that video but it is why I don't buy even fake fur anymore. My employees hate me because when they have fake fur I called it skinned alive dogs. :( I am forever traumatized by that video and seeing cooked animals still breathing in Korea. Why are people so evil :(

Zamric

10 Year Member!
The Crystal Unicorn
I with you Karryann. It was had enough to see the babies in a bag and I had to start this thread... but quite frankly, I'm afraid to open those last two links for fear of seeing something I cant "Un-See". :(

Kerryann

5 Year Member
West Bloomfield MI
Zamric said:
I with you Karryann. It was had enough to see the babies in a bag and I had to start this thread... but quite frankly, I'm afraid to open those last two links for fear of seeing something I cant "Un-See". :(

Don't do it.. it will haunt you forever..

Status
Not open for further replies.