1. Welcome! Are you interested in tortoises? If so, we invite you to join our community! Our community is the #1 place for tortoise keepers to talk online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your tortoise and enclosure, and discuss any tortoise topic with other tortoise keepers. Get started today!

Getting a new close chamber enclosure for Red foot baby

Discussion in 'Redfoot and yellowfoot tortoises' started by Klaus’s reptiles, Sep 1, 2019.

Help Support Tortoise Forums by donating:

1. Klaus’s reptiles

Klaus’s reptiles New Member

Location (City and/or State):
    California
    Hello everyone,
    I'm planning to order a new enclosure for my RFT baby, I been emailing the company who sell this but I did not get reply(long weekend no working maybe?)
    However, I really need change my enclosure for my RFT, the humidity is hard to control and the space is too small for him.
    I have posted a week before, my RFT was not active at all, sleep in hide all the time, the digest of him is pretty bad.
    I'm working on the diet now, and I been to animals hospital yesterday, I think he got some kind injection (I did not understand what the doctor tell me, but I think is ok, the paper is only named injection).I bought a baby carrot puree mix 1:1 with warm water to soak my RFT ( his eyes is always close so I think he need vitamin A) However, after soak, he almost eat all of the dandelion leaf I gave to him, and some carrot puree and pumpkin puree. Then I put him back to his enclosure, and he went to hide and sleep.
    Back to the topic, I'm gone to get new enclosure, since the company did not reply me. For the UVB options which one should I choose? or I should buy a longer UVB fixture in 4x2x2 since they only have 24inch or 22. Or any suggestions for the enclosure?
    Thank you
  2. Klaus’s reptiles

California
    (These ads do not appear for registered members.)
    Here are the picture for the enclosure, and the UVB options

Attached Files:

3. Yvonne G

Yvonne G Old Timer TFO Admin 10 Year Member! Platinum Tortoise Club

Clovis, CA
    I would get the 22" fixture. It sounds like the carrot baby food soaks are working for your baby, so keep it up daily until his eyes stay open all the time.
  4. Klaus’s reptiles

California
    Thank you, I’m ordering this enclosure now with the 22 fixture. Hope my RFT will getting better, and I tried with wax worms and cat canned foot, but he doesn’t like. Are there anymore suggestions for animals proteins that RFT might like to eat?
  5. Toddrickfl1

Toddrickfl1 Well-Known Member Tortoise Club

Ga
    You can try hard boiled/Scrambled egg (crush up the egg shell and add it too, good calcium) boiled chicken, shrimp, tuna. There's lots of things. I do protein about once a week.