getting back at it..

HAWK

Hello people, Im from south Louisiana and I owned box turtles from about 7 years old until I was about 20, That's when someone stole my whole collection..I had Eastern,Gulf Coast,Three Toed and a few that were crossed bred so I wasn't sure what they were exactly....But I've moved since then and im starting over..I just received my first baby Eastern box turtle (CB) a couple days ago and cant wait to see how he turns out,, I'll post pics of my out door set up for some three toes I have coming as soon as I take some pics and figure out how to post.lol...

Grandpa Turtle 144

5 Year Member
Hello and welcome to the TFO from AZ . Box turtles Rule . Have a great turtle day !

Sent from my iPhone using TortForum

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Clovis, CA
Welcome to the Forum, HAWK!

I have box turtles too. They are very personable and a lot of fun to keep. Yesterday I found 6 hatchling gulf coast box turtles, and today I found another one.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hello and Welcome:) That really stinks about your a boxies getting stolen. Good luck starting over and we do love pics

Jabuticaba

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, MB
Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your animals. What a terrible thing! Hope you've moved to a safer place. Looking forward to seeing lots of baby box turtle pictures. ;)

May
THBs: Darwin & Merlin
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES

mikeh

5 Year Member
Welcome. Looking forward to seeing photos of your outdoor pens. I may know someone who may be possibly looking to adopt out a high orange male EBT. Living in Louisiana with outdoor space You sound like a good candidate.

HAWK

This is the first one I built..im going to build several more.....This one is 4 foot wide and 13 and a half foot long, I plan on building the others a lil bigger

Attachments

• 20140918_173952.jpg
    20140918_173952.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 19

HAWK

here is another pic..sorry I didn't put it with the other pic, Im just learning how to use this computer..

Attachments

• 20140918_174014.jpg
    20140918_174014.jpg
    2.7 MB · Views: 13

HAWK

Welcome! I'm sorry to hear about your animals. What a terrible thing! Hope you've moved to a safer place. Looking forward to seeing lots of baby box turtle pictures. ;)

May
THBs: Darwin & Merlin
Aussies: Dax, Vegas, & Cricket
IG: @AUSSOMEAUSSIES
Yes I have moved to the country where I don't have to worry about thieves...I'll post pics of my baby EBT soon...

HAWK

Welcome. Looking forward to seeing photos of your outdoor pens. I may know someone who may be possibly looking to adopt out a high orange male EBT. Living in Louisiana with outdoor space You sound like a good candidate.
I would love to adopt that male!!!!!!!!! Please get back with me if you can.Thanks...

HAWK

Welcome to the Forum, HAWK!

I have box turtles too. They are very personable and a lot of fun to keep. Yesterday I found 6 hatchling gulf coast box turtles, and today I found another one.

I'm looking forward to seeing your pictures.
kool!!! Are they off your turtles or are they wild born?

mikeh

5 Year Member
Oh you have plenty of space:). Skip the mulch in next pen. Grass, loose soil and some leaf litter is more natural bedding. I see a perfect space for next pen by the fence in the deep grass. Its already half done. Just make sure they can't dig under that fence. Anyway... here is the boxie for adaption in his pen. He is an LTC, originally from South Carolina so he should thrive in warmer/humid climate. Pm me if you like him. I do want to make sure he goes into right home with good space enclosure.

Attachments

• 1411229998822.jpg
    1411229998822.jpg
    67.5 KB · Views: 13
  • 1411230173804.jpg
    1411230173804.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 12
Last edited: