Getting ready for my new tort

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRBailey

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Traverse City, MI
I went shopping today. Bought all the accessories needed to set up my new torts table. The actual tort table arrives on the 11th, and my new baby arrives on the 12th. I'm so excited!
What I bought:

Heat/basking light with small dome and light stand to hold it over the one end of the table

UVB light to place over the middle of the table

Heat mat to place underneath for the night time hide box area

Power Center timer that controls when all lights and heat sources go on and off

Thermometer

Shallow feeding dish

Soak dish

100% Cypress Mulch

All natural Sphagnum Moss

Cuttle Bone

Calcium Supplement

Food items will be bought night before tort arrives for freshness. He/she does come with tort food that he/she has been raised on.
The PetSmart near me even gets cactus (the kind torts eat) in once a month. I decided to hold off and buy that once the tort is here as I am not sure how long it keeps and did not want it spoiling before Henri (name for tort) even gets here.

Am I missing anything? I want everything to be ready so if I need something else please tell me now.

Oh...and I already found a vet who has tort experience and made a health check appointment so my new baby can get checked out the day he/she gets here.
Aside from checking respiratory and fecal, anything else I should have the vet check?

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
Welcome to the Forum. I have a Rep Vitamin powder too and some plants either Tort friendly or fake for hiding and a hide would be good too. A Slate or low rock for basking on. Please post Pics of your new baby when u get him/her.

LRBailey

5 Year Member
Traverse City, MI
Thanks for the input Tracy! The tort table I am getting has a built in hide, so that is why I did not buy one. I am still researching what plants I can put in with this young tort.
If I use Miner-All Indoor Tortoise Formula, do I still need to provide Rep Vitamins also?

Tracy Gould

5 Year Member
Pontefract West Yorkshire U,K
I have not hear of this one but I had a look it looks like a Vitamin so u should be ok with that but i am sure one of the experts will say if i am wrong.

LRBailey

5 Year Member
Traverse City, MI

sara

5 Year Member
Wyoming
congrats on your new arrival, also great job on doing your homework and haveing everything ready! you will have questions with your new little one, just remember there are alot of good folks here to help! good luck and post pics soon as you can! we love pics!

LRBailey

5 Year Member
Traverse City, MI
Well, looks like I won't be getting my tort this Wednesday after all thanks to a dang blizzard! I am so disappointed, but also understand that the weather has to be right for torts sake. I'm hoping maybe by Monday they can ship it out so that I will get it on Tuesday...will have to see. Hopefully mother nature won't keep bringing me down.

Status
Not open for further replies.