Giant Yellowfoot using Sulcata burrow and a juvie Ivory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Florida
First, my little female Ivory as she was stomping around and eating some grass.

100_0740.JPG

100_0725.JPG

Next, one of my giant Yellowfoot females using a Sulcata burrow. She uses this every once in a while, but it is rarely opportune for me to capture it in a photograph. The actual burrow owner does not become aggressive with her occasional squatters.

100_0729.JPG

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Beautiful torts! It is interesting to know that the Sulcata does not mind the yellow foot in it's burrow from time to time.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Can we see plastron pics of your Ivory. I was under the impression that there were few, if any, female Ivories. Either way she is gorgeous. Love the rounded dome. She looks very healthy... and very Ivory too:).

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
Wow your Yellowfoot IS a giant!! Both torts are gorgeous :D

Baoh

10 Year Member!
Florida
Thanks, all.

I'll take a plastron shot of my little Ivory female when I get a chance. She's reasonably gregarious, so that won't be much trouble and should not take more than a day or two.

It will be more difficult for either of my two larger giant YF females. They aren't super-huge, but they are (supposedly) from Suriname and are 21-22" scl and have been growing some according to their scute margins since I received them. They tend to hide deep beneath my deck for most of the day where I have trouble reaching them. If I can get some shots of them, I will post them in the future. The three smaller CB ones (one little female and a medium-sized male-female pair) that are supposed to have been originally produced from a zoo are easier to capture from time to time, one of which I have posted a pic of before.

Status
Not open for further replies.