Gladys Porter Zoo's Galapagos are laying eggs

Markw84

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Sacramento, CA (Central Valley)
Just 4 weeks ago, I drove down to the Gladys Porter Zoo to visit with Collette Adams and Ashley. We spent a lot of time talking Galapagos tortoises. When we formed the Galapagos Tortoise Alliance, we made Collette one of our directors as she has so much experience with Galapagos in the zoo world. We shared a lot of stories and information and spent time going through all their galapagos enclosures, many behind the scenes.

The GTA tortoises in are done with their egg laying season, but for the Gladys Porter Zoo in Brownsville, TX, theirs is just beginning to lay. Today, Ashley posted a nice video on her facebook page on their first eggs of the season. Though I would share it here:

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Just 4 weeks ago, I drove down to the Gladys Porter Zoo to visit with Collette Adams and Ashley. We spent a lot of time talking Galapagos tortoises. When we formed the Galapagos Tortoise Alliance, we made Collette one of our directors as she has so much experience with Galapagos in the zoo world. We shared a lot of stories and information and spent time going through all their galapagos enclosures, many behind the scenes.

The GTA tortoises in are done with their egg laying season, but for the Gladys Porter Zoo in Brownsville, TX, theirs is just beginning to lay. Today, Ashley posted a nice video on her facebook page on their first eggs of the season. Though I would share it here:

Absolutely awesome!!! Love it.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Very cool....I was surprised that the nests surrounding soil looked pretty hard-packed, they are brutes.....

Thanks for posting...........a bucket list place for me so I really liked it!....the Galop islands....maybe one day.

turtlebro

California

I’ve always wanted a Galapagos!! 🥹 if you can find me any please lmk 😇🙏🏽