Glass and other materials

sulandcata

Location (City and/or State)
Nuevo Leon
Since the enclousureI have is all wrong since it is open and basically useless I was planning to create one and while there is a tread on how to create one with pvc (since wood will eventually rot and mold so it is useless) I will be using pvc one so my question is on glass what is better normal glass, templated glass, transparent acrylic, or fiber glass or laminated glass?
This is for a inside enclousure

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
Since the enclousureI have is all wrong since it is open and basically useless I was planning to create one and while there is a tread on how to create one with pvc (since wood will eventually rot and mold so it is useless) I will be using pvc one so my question is on glass what is better normal glass, templated glass, transparent acrylic, or fiber glass or laminated glass?
My husband and I built a PVC enclosure for my Russian tortoise. I ordered tempered glass because I didn’t want scratched Plexiglass or acrylic. I am really happy with the result.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Tempered glass is the best way to go.

sulandcata

Nuevo Leon
Thank you for the answer i will be ordering the template glass tomorrow since i need to haste on the construction to be able to separate my sulcatas but could anyone expand a little bit on why it is the best option?

Mrs.Jennifer

Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Norwich CT
Thank you for the answer i will be ordering the template glass tomorrow since i need to haste on the construction to be able to separate my sulcatas but could anyone expand a little bit on why it is the best option?

Acrylic and plexiglas will get scratched over time.

sulandcata

Nuevo Leon
Ok thank you i got it so it is an aestetic reason thank you very much I am glad I asked since I was thinking laminated glass would be the way to go thank you very much :)