Glass Tank for Baby Leopard Tortoises

AztecPurse101

Location (City and/or State)
Kuala Lumpur
Hi, i currently use an open glass table for my baby tortoise (7cm). The size of the table is 46cm(W)x56cm(L) and my basking lamp is a 21cm dome fixture with a bulb of 80 watt. I just recently got my tortoises and the pet shop recommended this type of table but after a few days, i realized that the basking lamp is abit too big for the table and my tortoise’s nap place get slightly warm sometimes. Is this normal or should i get a bigger table to make sure the heat stays in one spot? Or should i get a smaller basking lamp?

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Follow the guidelines in the link provided.
Pet stores advice usually is never good.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
Hi, i currently use an open glass table for my baby tortoise (7cm). The size of the table is 46cm(W)x56cm(L) and my basking lamp is a 21cm dome fixture with a bulb of 80 watt. I just recently got my tortoises and the pet shop recommended this type of table but after a few days, i realized that the basking lamp is abit too big for the table and my tortoise’s nap place get slightly warm sometimes. Is this normal or should i get a bigger table to make sure the heat stays in one spot? Or should i get a smaller basking lamp?
That enclosure is much too small. I'd start a baby in a minimum of 122x46 cm. Once the enclosure is the correct size, the bulb and fixture should be fine.