Glock Perfection

Status
Not open for further replies.

B K

5 Year Member
Very Nice Cameron. I picked this up not long ago.
IMG00006-20091127-1641.jpg

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Red Earth Exotics said:
B K said:
I am looking at buying a new 308 any suggestions.

Sig P238. I just bought one and it's awesome. It's like a baby 1911. It shoots well, comes with night sights and looks great too. Plus....Sig pistols are sweet...

GOOD LORD! Sig makes a pistol in .308??? THat must have some serious recoil!!!:D

B K said:

Nice Bill. AK's certainly have their place. I've got a friend whose into them, and I've really learned to appreciate them lately.

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
Tom said:
Red Earth Exotics said:
B K said:
I am looking at buying a new 308 any suggestions.

Sig P238. I just bought one and it's awesome. It's like a baby 1911. It shoots well, comes with night sights and looks great too. Plus....Sig pistols are sweet...

OOPS!!!!!!!! :D it was a long night at work.....

I should look for a 308 pistol though, would be kinda fun...

CtTortoiseMom said:
I definately would not want Cameron as an enemy!!

best ally, worst enemy..... :D

B K said:
IMG00006-20091127-1641.jpg

awesome. everyone needs an AK. have you checked out the Saiga 12g? it's basically an AK shotgun. magazine fed, plus you can get a drum mag for it. pretty cool. but get your hands on one quick if you want one....rumor is that they are going to get banned. if you already have one, you are "grandfathered" in.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
That's great! You got the whole set! You're covered either way. I never tried their knife. Let me know how you like it. I tend to stick with Benchmade folders, but I've got a couple of RAT cutlery fixed blades too.

I LOVE America.

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
For $40, the knife is fine. Has a good edge and a good feel. The Glock polymer makes for a slightly lighter knife than I like for a fixed blade. The scabbard has pros and con's. It is nice, but in reality requires two hands to remove the knife. Also makes a rather loud click when replacing the knife. So not a bad knife overall, but not the best. The price is right.

For a fixed blade fighting knife, the Gerber MKII is still my favorite. I love the feel of the slip resistant handle. The "killing knife" model available in the late 70s had one of the best pamphlets I've ever seen. It described the handle as being able to resist slip even when covered with blood, bodily fluids or gore. (Probably the only time I've ever seen the word "gore" used to describe anything other than a horror movie!)

I also really like the Camillus Pilot's survival knife. I have a few Vietnam dated Camillus blades, fixed and folders and they really hold up. The leather wrapped handle and hexagonal butt end of the pilots survival knife just get better with age. They are slightly smaller than the Kabar and just as lethal. Great knives.

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Completed the Glock Certified Armorer's Course today. Absolutely a great course. I recommend that anyone who has the ability to take the course do so. You won't regret it.

exoticsdr

5 Year Member
Today is my birthday!
Southeast Texas
Copy cat! Trying to emulate your hero? ...(now where is the closest course to me?)...haha

Robert

5 Year Member
Galaxy far, far away...
Oh, come on Doc. You know that you are my hero!! I'm just waiting to copy you and move south with 15 acres and lots more animals!

BUT, here are the dates for the courses in Texas.....

Amarillo, TX: 8/2/11
Baytown, TX: 5/3/11
Fort Worth, TX: 6/2 and 12/1 2011
Lubbock, TX 8/30/2011
San Antonio, TX 4/26/2011
Terrell, TX 5/5/2011
Victoria, TX 6/14/2011

gummybearpoop

10 Year Member!
Arizona
Glocks are cool, but pretty boring looks-wise (but who cares about looks when it comes to self-defense). I got to shoot a lot of them and owned one before. Definately user friendly. Glocks are like sulcatas...everyone's got one. lol They are hardy, dependable, and friendly. haha When it comes down to it though, glocks are affordable and dependable. That being said, if I were to get another sem-auto pistol...it would be a glock.

1911s are one of my favs. Stylish and awesome trigger.

I had a saiga 12 but sold it to a close friend. Awesome gun

That being said, I downsized the gun collection and kept my mossberg 12 gauge and Ruger 357 LCR. Both guns that fit my lifestyle of the outdoors.

Anywho, you didn't strike me as a gun guy Tom when I met you at TTPG

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
gummybearpoop said:
Anywho, you didn't strike me as a gun guy Tom when I met you at TTPG

Is that good or bad? Haha.

You didn't strike me as one either Norman. Funny. Now we'll have yet another subject to discuss this November.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
I shot the G19. So now I can be a part of this thread, yay!

Terry Allan Hall

5 Year Member
The Republic O' Tejas
Laura said:
Never had the pleasure to shoot one.. we use revolvers at work. .22 rifle and Tranq gun..
For home protection... give me a shotgun.. Big, easy to use, dont have to aim, and just the sound of it
will make someone stop.

Indeed...for home security, it's hard to beat a pump 12-guage! Just working that ratcheting sounding action will usually cure most people of "the stupids". My wife isn't a gun-person, but she knows how to use my pump-12, as does my daughter...hopefully, they never will need it, but it's good to know that if some ne'er-do-well gets past our dogs, they'll have another surprise a-waiting them. :cool:

A cop buddy of mine gave me this to carry in my pickup when I'm taking large amounts of money to the bank...1/8" over the legal minimum requirement here, and it's well-displayed on my gun-rack. So far, I've never had to pull the trigger.

d34bcefe-f0b7-4d4c-aa6e-1d6e0b5c21c0

Josh

Ask questions, share answers, talk torts!
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Redlands, CA
I own that glock knife! It was recommended to me as a great field knife and I've been impressed with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.