Going out to new aldrabra owners, Need some help please.

Jimb

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Colorado Springs, Co.
I have an opportunity to purchase a 4"-7" aldrabra baby and would like to know what you wish you had asked before you got yours. I know how large they get and how quickly, that's not the issue. Since the asking price is half what I usually see for these gentle giants that are <1 year old, I'm curious as to what I should ask or look for before purchasing.

Thanks for your help.

BILBO-03

A lot of times it's fake so I would be careful and make sure he's real:)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
Well what springs to mind right off the bat is - you may be getting scammed. Do you know the person selling the tortoise? I NEVER, NEVER see cheap Aldabra tortoises for sale unless its someone from Cameroon who tells you he's here in the States.

Jimb

5 Year Member
Colorado Springs, Co.
Well what springs to mind right off the bat is - you may be getting scammed. Do you know the person selling the tortoise? I NEVER, NEVER see cheap Aldabra tortoises for sale unless its someone from Cameroon who tells you he's here in the States.

yeah, this guy seemed on the up & up but the price was rediculously low which is what temped me. LOL
Payment was a hassle so I wound up opting out. Better to be safe than sorry.

thanks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
yeah, this guy seemed on the up & up but the price was rediculously low which is what temped me. LOL
Payment was a hassle so I wound up opting out. Better to be safe than sorry.

thanks!
Oh so glad you didn't bite. They are always scams if the prices are too low. That's just the way they all have run, scams