going outside on cool days

Status
Not open for further replies.

sara

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Wyoming
today the temps will get up to 60. Is it o.k. to take Bert 0ut of his 80* 70% humid room and go outside for a bit of exorcise? Or would that be too much of a shock for him? As usual he hasnt pooped in his box all week even though he has been getting warm soaks and today was friut day. But he will go if i take him out. But i am weary of shocking his system now that the days are soo much cooler.
Awhile back I actually saw a photo of a redfoot playing in the snow! I know he was only out there for a romp, but i just want to makae sure.

I know I only have maybe a few more weeks with Bert, But i want to say thank you for all the support and answers i have recieved about his care.
I will probably have questions till the last day!!:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I can't remember...did you find a good home for him?

If you take him outside into a sheltered area where the wind isn't blowing on him, but the sun IS shining on him, then the lower temperature won't cause him any harm. Just be sure to bring him in before he starts to cool down too much.

sara

5 Year Member
Wyoming
emysemys said:
I can't remember...did you find a good home for him?

If you take him outside into a sheltered area where the wind isn't blowing on him, but the sun IS shining on him, then the lower temperature won't cause him any harm. Just be sure to bring him in before he starts to cool down too much.
great! then were headdin out for a bit:D
Well i didnt find an actual home. But I did locate a reptile rescue in Loveland, Colorado. I thought that may be the best place for him.
See, before i got bert, i did all my research on russians.But when i saw bert, i instantly fell in love with him. My mistake was that i knew NOTHING about this breed, so its been a major learning expirence for us.
I dont want wanat that to happen agian. I would love for him to go to someone who has and knows about this breed rather to someone who doesnt. might sound selfish, but i want only whats best for him.
wish one of you guys lived closer:D
o.k. were gonna go gae a little fresh air and sunshine!!:D

Status
Not open for further replies.