going to buy the other russian bill is selling

Status
Not open for further replies.

tickle

5 Year Member
If bill still has it I'm going to buy the other hatchling Russian he has cause it is from different parents and I have a huge pen in and outdoor for them I do want to have 1 or 2 breeding groups of Russians some day and this is a greatcstart at a great price the I got is perfect so iwill take the other if he still has it.

Eloise's mommy

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Utah
tickle said:
If bill still has it I'm going to buy the other hatchling Russian he has cause it is from different parents and I have a huge pen in and outdoor for them I do want to have 1 or 2 breeding groups of Russians some day and this is a greatcstart at a great price the I got is perfect so iwill take the other if he still has it.

How exciting I wish I had gotten Eloise from a hatchling.....Now I want another I'm only a week in with Eloise...I want a bigger species though like a sulcata or Leopard!! Good luck with your babies!!

tickle

5 Year Member
I am going to bring up a couple of pairs over the next ten years and breed them if it all worksout i am thinking of bringing them up Canada to sell the go for 450$ measly up there.I get my other hatchling from bill on tuesday

tickle

5 Year Member
This is my third Russian.I have a couple of relatives in Canada Im moving there in a 2 years and I feel with the climate in canada that Russians would be best to get a breeeding colony I wont breed my star he will just be my show piece.it is very hard to get Russian hatchlings in Canada cause they are the perfect tort for the weather and there are very few breeders so they come with a heavty price tag.I am goingvto set it up so you can pick you're hatchling from a pic tthey will have a vet certified c b4 they go my cousin is the vet in Canada.he said that people who breed them have sometimes two year waiting lists.I don't think you can import wc Russians in Canada only can get them from breeders.I am going to start with hatchlings and before I move I will adopt a few adults from members I do not want any wc because I want to show bloodlines for the hatchlings I hear this is real important up there allmost like pedagree pappers have pics of bloodlines and they can choose wich hatchling they want.I be bringing them in legally also because I am going threw my vet cousin.

tickle

5 Year Member
Eloise said:
tickle said:

How exciting I wish I had gotten Eloise from a hatchling.....Now I want another I'm only a week in with Eloise...I want a bigger species though like a sulcata or Leopard!! Good luck with your babies!!

I quests you have allot of land living in Utah.I like sulcatas but they get way to much loop for me same with leopards but if I had allot of land in Utah I would have aldabras.Russians are by far the most social to humans more then any other tort I think.the only other tortoise I find as social or smart aren't even tort but the northern black wood turtle like my best friend even rests his head on my lap when I sit in the yard.my kid swims Ianthe baby pool with him and he loves the attention.I don't see many of them for sale anymore I got mine over 10years ago from the dreaded turtlesale.com the turtles I find least

biochemnerd808

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Central Arkansas (we moved!)
Sounds like a good plan! I actually think it's good that they don't allow WC import, I know that in much of Europe it's the same. On the one had that prevents all the harvesting, and on the other hand it really gives folks the motivation to do the research before getting a tort, because if you wait for 2 years and pay big $, you're less likely to throw them in a 10gal aquarium and feed them Kraft cheese. :)

My motivation in wanting to breed torts is a) the cuteness and b) helping lessen the import of WC RTs. I doubt I'll make much money off of it, since I'll just roll every penny back into my torts. :)

tickle said:
This is my third Russian.I have a couple of relatives in Canada Im moving there in a 2 years and I feel with the climate in canada that Russians would be best to get a breeeding colony I wont breed my star he will just be my show piece.it is very hard to get Russian hatchlings in Canada cause they are the perfect tort for the weather and there are very few breeders so they come with a heavty price tag.I am goingvto set it up so you can pick you're hatchling from a pic tthey will have a vet certified c b4 they go my cousin is the vet in Canada.he said that people who breed them have sometimes two year waiting lists.I don't think you can import wc Russians in Canada only can get them from breeders.I am going to start with hatchlings and before I move I will adopt a few adults from members I do not want any wc because I want to show bloodlines for the hatchlings I hear this is real important up there allmost like pedagree pappers have pics of bloodlines and they can choose wich hatchling they want.I be bringing them in legally also because I am going threw my vet cousin.

Status
Not open for further replies.