Golden Greek Hatchling Questions?

AllieKat1997

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
- My nighttime temperature for my Golden Greek is reading 81F is this too hot for his nighttime temp or is it okay?
- Also - he likes to sleep out in the open... I was thinking he’s just comfortable but is that bad..? He’s buried himself a couple times but he really likes his lamps and just moving around his enclosure going to different spots. I’ve read hatchlings like to hide so I got nervous, haha. He feels really strong and humidity is up plus he gets daily soaks. I just worry.
- Should you put calcium on their food every day? He gets fed twice a day. Is once a day for calcium good or less or more?

Thanks so much!

SweetGreekTorts

Tucson, AZ
- My nighttime temperature for my Golden Greek is reading 81F is this too hot for his nighttime temp or is it okay?
- Also - he likes to sleep out in the open... I was thinking he’s just comfortable but is that bad..? He’s buried himself a couple times but he really likes his lamps and just moving around his enclosure going to different spots. I’ve read hatchlings like to hide so I got nervous, haha. He feels really strong and humidity is up plus he gets daily soaks. I just worry.
- Should you put calcium on their food every day? He gets fed twice a day. Is once a day for calcium good or less or more?

Thanks so much!
That nighttime temp is fine, I just wouldn't go lower than 75 for a Greek hatchling. My Greek hatchlings usually sleep in their humid hides but a few like to burrow or sleep under some decor which is also normal. They each have their favorite spots.

I wouldn't sprinkle too much calcium on the food, too much can be just as bad. I just leave a cuttlebone in my enclosures and mine will munch on them when they need to.

AllieKat1997

5 Year Member
Missouri
That nighttime temp is fine, I just wouldn't go lower than 75 for a Greek hatchling. My Greek hatchlings usually sleep in their humid hides but a few like to burrow or sleep under some decor which is also normal. They each have their favorite spots.

I wouldn't sprinkle too much calcium on the food, too much can be just as bad. I just leave a cuttlebone in my enclosures and mine will munch on them when they need to.

Thank you so much! I’ll definitely ease up on the calcium for him.