Goldie & Shelly Update - With Pictures!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Badger

5 Year Member
Hello Friends of TF!

After a month and half long battle with illness, I am very glad to say that I just gave Goldie his last antibiotic shot this afternoon (Shelly has been clear for about a week). Both are doing much better than a few weeks ago, and for most part, eating, sleeping, pooing and generally milling about much more.

The regime remains the same, morning soak and another one in the late afternoon. Since they are to remain indoors for now, the enclosure requires a complete clean and substrate change everyday. The extra cleanliness seems to have kept litte nasty flies at bay and both appears to be much happier. Not out the woods yet though, since now is the critical period, now that they are off the antibiotics, we need to monitor whether the infections will return or not, so we are watching nervously, day by day, to see any signs of relapse. Shelly in the last couple of days does seem a little less active, but lets just hope I am overreacting!

Good news! Goldie and Shelly will have a new home, outdoors! Rented a place with a large garden, so we can now build them a proper pen (how exactly I am going to do it is something I am still trying to figure out!). Their pen wont be huge, maybe something like 200sqft, but it will be all natural and happy. Sun and freshair! That should be a much healthier environment. Should last them 2 years, then we will have to build a bigger one!

I promised pictures, so here it is!!

Goldie and Friend.
Goldie's close encounter.
Mr Grumpy in the morning.
Shelly and her birthday cake (and her silly hat).

Attachments

• Goldie and Friend.jpg
    Goldie and Friend.jpg
    228.4 KB · Views: 66
  • Close encounter.jpg
    Close encounter.jpg
    196.6 KB · Views: 63
  • Goldie in the morning.jpg
    Goldie in the morning.jpg
    552.1 KB · Views: 61
  • Happy Birthday Princess.jpg
    Happy Birthday Princess.jpg
    292.9 KB · Views: 66

Herphiles

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Dover, New Hampshire
Those pictures are great! Good to know that they are both doing well, never fun to have sick animals! Love the birthday cake :D What did you make it out of?

Badger

5 Year Member
It has strawberry, blueberry and pumpkin in it, held together by mazuri. Thats her quota until Christmas!:D

Herphiles said:
Those pictures are great! Good to know that they are both doing well, never fun to have sick animals! Love the birthday cake :D What did you make it out of?

Herphiles

5 Year Member
Dover, New Hampshire
Badger said:
It has strawberry, blueberry and pumpkin in it, held together by mazuri. Thats her quota until Christmas!:D

Herphiles said:

Lol, she looks like she is loving it! Aldabras are such unique tortoises, if I'm ever permanently in an area where they could live outside I am definitely going to have them!

Blakem

10 Year Member!
California
RE: Goldie & Shelly Update - With Pictures!

She's looks like she's thinking "DAD, you are embarrassing me!" in the birthday picture.

Niki

5 Year Member
RE: Goldie & Shelly Update - With Pictures!

Love the pics... Especially birthday one!

Status
Not open for further replies.