good blender or food processor??

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcy4hope

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Missouri
i'm looking to buy a good blender or food processor to make cutting up my one year old sulcata tortoise's food a lot easier. i'm tired of chopping and i thought this would also make it easier to get more hay in his diet. i also want something to puree some pumpkin for him.

i'm pretty bad about getting an appliance and then it just doesn't suit my needs. so, wondering what brand you guys use for the feeding needs of a young tortoise??

thanks!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
I would get a food processor. A cuisanart(spelling might be wrong) is always a good but. Expensive, but should chop, puree, blend, just about anything.

tortadise

10 Year Member!
Tropical South Texas
Those are pretty good. Kitchenaid is a good brand. My brothers have the bullet blenders, and man they sure can blend some stuff up.

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
tortadise said:
Those are pretty good. Kitchenaid is a good brand. My brothers have the bullet blenders, and man they sure can blend some stuff up.

I totally forgot about the bullet. I bought my son one for Xmas one year. No, I am not a bad present shopper, he asked for it:p They do a great job too and probably lots cheaper. You can also buy accessories that you can turn it into a regular blender too, or something like that.

leonardo the tmnt

5 Year Member
Buy the bullet, man it can blend anything in a matter of seconds and you can buy different accessories. The good is that it's only 49.99!:)

DeanS

SULCATA OASIS
10 Year Member!
SoCal
Go to Target and pick up a $19 KitchenAid chopper...it handles pumpkin and cactus just fine!

tyrs4u

5 Year Member
Portland, OR.
I agree with DeanS... It works great for my babies and 14+ inchers they were spoiled and prefer chopped little brats

Cowboy_Ken

10 Year Member!
Kingman, Arizona
Tyrs4u, your 14+ inches love chopped brats? Please come get my neighbors grand kids! They keep hassling my horses! LOL

marcy4hope

10 Year Member!
Missouri
thanks for all the help. i ordered a kitchen aid to try. thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.