Good luck team USA against Iran!!!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Jamaica
Well, World Cup Football ⚽ (soccer)? Fans...your time draweth nigh on the World Cup stage! I will be watching!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
Love World Cup Football! I am kind of fond of Argentina, Brazil and Mexico. Jamaica was once in it, BION! In 1998. Very short showing.🤪

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Southern California
It's funny to me.... a country that really doesn't give a flip about soccer is beating up on teams from counties that LIVE THE SPORT.
I've never understood why more of America doesn't like soccer. Many of us played as kids. AYSO. I played for eight years, including two years in high school. I love watching it and wish I was still physically able to play. I don't much care for most other sports, but I enjoy watching soccer, hockey, and motocross.

jeff kushner

North of Annapolis
Congrats to the US team for the win, despite the noise!@

Every community Sports Org we lived in supports soccer and I coached in Severna Park Green Hornets soccer for 12 years and most of the kids that played, that were athletes, played other sports year round. The ones that weren't, typically lost interest after a year or two...they may be fans today though! There really weren't many whose fav sport was soccer though. The ones that we thought were going to fall in love with the sport often fell for Lax instead....LOL

I think that for many as they got older, club soccer kept them in shape for their other favorite Middle school or High school sport.

Tim Carlisle

5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Cincinnati, OH
Congrats to the US team for the win, despite the noise!@

Every community Sports Org we lived in supports soccer and I coached in Severna Park Green Hornets soccer for 12 years and most of the kids that played, that were athletes, played other sports year round. The ones that weren't, typically lost interest after a year or two...they may be fans today though! There really weren't many whose fav sport was soccer though. The ones that we thought were going to fall in love with the sport often fell for Lax instead....LOL

I think that for many as they got older, club soccer kept them in shape for their other favorite Middle school or High school sport.
Indeed!

TammyJ

5 Year Member
Jamaica
I guess you world cup fans know about the new "smart" balls, right?

Gillian M

5 Year Member
Jordan
It's funny to me.... a country that really doesn't give a flip about soccer is beating up on teams from counties that LIVE THE SPORT.
You are right Ed, however this is football. Surprises and shocks.

I love the game, but I did not enjoy the world cup this year. All the well-known and strong teams left early: Germany, Brazil, Holland, Portugal, Belgium, England. And Italy did not even qualify.