Good Morning, From a Swimming Tortoise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston, MA
Yes, Dante is at it again, scaring everyone on TFO with his swimming habits! Since you all loved the last picture so much, here's another!

The water is about 2-3" deep on the deep end, 1/4" on the shallow. He walks himself from the shallow to the deep end and just chills out under water.

He's been pretty sick and hasn't had a deep bath in a while, but today I felt he was well enough to handle it - He is VERY happy to have the deep end back!

20130228_072858_zpsee5d6816.jpg

sibi

10 Year Member!
Florida, USA
Didn't you ever tell Dante that he's not a fish:p I think he's so cute. What was he sick with? Btw, is that food under water too?

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
sibi said:
Didn't you ever tell Dante that he's not a fish:p I think he's so cute. What was he sick with? Btw, is that food under water too?

He has been sick for quite some time and we dont know why. We are now treating for protozoa and hoping that helps. He still has a bad appetite, but it has improved over the last few days.

The food is outside his bath, but he seems to be checking it out!

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Chicago, Illinois, USA
That is really cute. I think I missed the first pic. I am off to look it up. Hope he recovers soon.

lynnedit

10 Year Member!
Southwest Washington
How funny!
Come to think of it, I have a Russian that puts her head under water and closes her eyes for several minutes, when soaked. Perhaps I should give her a deep end!

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
TortoiseBoy1999 said:
Wow! I don't know why, but I love seeing them underwater like that :p

Hahaha i know, me too!

wellington said:
That is really cute. I think I missed the first pic. I am off to look it up. Hope he recovers soon.

Thanks! Me too!!

lynnedit said:
How funny!
Come to think of it, I have a Russian that puts her head under water and closes her eyes for several minutes, when soaked. Perhaps I should give her a deep end!

I bet she would love it! Dante does the same thing if I dont give him a deep end to play in!

stinax182

5 Year Member
Springfield, Massachusetts
this is insane!! haha, it's so interesting though. my leopard tortoise sometimes puts her whole head under water, but this is a totally different level!

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Boston, MA
stinax182 said:
this is insane!! haha, it's so interesting though. my leopard tortoise sometimes puts her whole head under water, but this is a totally different level!

He seems to think he's a fish, or maybe a galapagos...Someone recently posted an article about swimming/floating tortoises from Madagascar found on the African coast! Dante's getting ready!

20130301_070705_zps9ba72e11.jpg

Going up for air...
20130301_070653_zps18ccc810.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.