Good Morning, From a Swimming Tortoise :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

kanalomele

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
East Bay area
Love this! I quite often find my torts swimming and dunking their head under the water!

lawchingto

5 Year Member
Hi, I have a baby marginated tortoise, do you think he can swim? Maybe I should give him a sloped swimming pool?

Pokeymeg

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Boston, MA
I would not try it with a baby tortoise! My tortoise is 10 years old and is familiar with baths and knows his own limits.

I'd wait until your tortoise is older to provide a sloped bath. I always put my tortoise on the shallow end and he walks himself to the deep end, hangs out, and then walks back to the shallow end when he's done (it just so happens that he likes to have a clear bath so I can get cool pictures! He gets antsy when he can't see out, but I think many torts are the other way around). I don't know if a baby would be able to do that on his/her own safely.

kanalomele said:
Love this! I quite often find my torts swimming and dunking their head under the water!

Cute! What kind of torts? :)

"Can't a tortoise get a little privacy while he's bathing?"

IMG_1702_zpscebd6906.jpg

menkerose

5 Year Member
I am the proud new owner of a red foot and soon as I brought her home I soaked her I some warm water and had to walk away for a minute so I asked my husband to keep an eye on her. I had the water about an inch deep maybe a little less... As soon as I walked away I heard my husband from the other room yelling "honey! Honey! Hey hey hey!!!" And I ran back into the room to check what was up and she just dipped her head all they way under the water lol and it freaked him out because our sulcatas never do that. So apparently some torts love being under water :) I learned something new

Status
Not open for further replies.