Good news (for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Angi

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
La Mesa, CA.
I don't have to leave San Diego and my CDTs :) :) My husband excepted a job in San Diego YEA! He was also offered another job in Atlanta that would have been about twice the $$$ and more prestigous and maybe fun, but also would probably be a stressful hell. No thank you living in hell is not worth the money. The company he excepted with has a good reputation for honesty and integrity. Oh ya...I don't have to leave my 17 year old either. I am sooooo glad, I was not looking forward to moving out of San Diego, away from my torts, my house and my weather!

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Yes Lynn I already have plans to make a large enclosure in the back yard. I just have to wait until the weather cools a little. I can't work in this heat. With my Lab gone all I have to worry about is bunny poop. On one side of my house I have a short retaining wall that is parallel to my house and about 20 feet away from it, so I can take 2 rows of cinder block and make a big enclosure. My husband is going to think I am crazy when I buy a shop vac for the bunny poop in the back yard. I have a large yard so if I can ever rabbit proff it my torts will be very happy :) Hmmm....if I was creative and a better builder I could have a bunch of Tort pens back there. My husband would kill me though :(

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
I am a pretty relaxed person already, but my husband is a stress ball. I am excited ti start planning my enclosure and knowing I won't have to rehome my CDTs is such a relief. They are my babies. I love them and I know they love me and not just because I am the food godess :)

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
You are so lucky that he had choices. These are hard times in the job market. But one nice thing, even if you may have had to move, you can take us with you.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Yes I am lucky. He has a good reputation as a hard worker, an honest person and a very good CFO. Two people cried when they found out he was leaving at his current employer. Knowing I could take TFO where ever I went made the idea of leaving easier, but I am glad I don't have to go now. I would miss Bob, Shelby and Jonathan. I can not even picture myself living in the South. I just don't do well with high humidity and bugs :(. This is the first time in 20 years of marrige that I agreed to move out of the state. I was really worried about the job market. Now I need to find a job.

DesertGrandma

10 Year Member!
Arizona
So happy for you. You didn't sound very excited about going to the south and leaving your babies and son. Your husband obviously did what would make you happy :cool:

Good luck with your job search.

Angi

5 Year Member
La Mesa, CA.
Joy~Strangly my husband was more against going than me. I told him I was fine with going and it would be an adventure. I could not let him stress about me, he stresses too much already.

Momof4

10 Year Member!
San Diego
That is wonderful Angi!! Your one lucky girl!

Status
Not open for further replies.