Good news

Status
Not open for further replies.

Raeanncarr1

5 Year Member
Today I talk to my vet and he told me that the egg looked crushed because she over weight and. When she was pushing it out it had to be smashed to fit out it affect the eggs ;( sadly he said to fix the issue to just feed her simply less no big deal just a easy fix that the good part the best part is he said for sure the eggs had baby's in them but they won't hatch because the crash in the egg is big and takes a lot of the egg space for it to form all the way;( but I think she had more eggs in her :) he said there's a chance they may have baby's .finally someone told me how to care for a egg I keep asking and no one on here would tell me;( I know now all I do is get a tubware container and put few holes in it and some sand and he said house temp works fine and I could just put it up somewhere so I'm not touching and written it on some paper and tape it to my door so I would not forget about it and write a date it would be ready I wish I would have knew. This a long time. Ago so the baby may have lived ;( not all my fault. I was asking for help

wellington

10 Year Member!
Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Chicago, Illinois, USA
Hopefully that's all it is. She's not going to be too happy though about being over weight and fed less:D

Yvonne G

Old Timer
TFO Admin
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Clovis, CA
I'm sorry you didn't feel we gave you the help you needed, Raeann. But you said the egg was 57 days old. That told me that you had been caring for the egg for almost two months. I guess we misinterpreted what you were asking. I thought you wanted to know how to care for a baby. You didn't have a baby yet and to me it looked like the embryo in the egg was dead. No sense caring for a dead egg.

Several times members, myself included, told you to put the eggs in moist dirt and lightly cover the container.

Again, I'm sorry that you feel we failed to help you.

Millerlite

10 Year Member!
Southern Calif.
You didn't sound prepared for the egg, it happens you lose eggs and you hatch them, next time just be a little more prepared, as long as your turtles healthy, and not egg bound I wouldn't worry

Jacqui

Wanna be raiser of Lemon Drop tortoises
10 Year Member!
A Land Far Away...
Chalk it up to a learning experience. Next time you will be more prepared for eggs.

Status
Not open for further replies.