Good Plants for Tortoises and Humans

strangepuppy

Location (City and/or State)
Philadelphia
Hello everyone, I hope you and all your lovely pets are doing well today! I wanted to pose a couple of fun questions for everyone.

As I’ve been getting the hang of owning a hatchling tortoise, I’ve learned a lot about their diets and have learned that many of the plants that they eat are also edible for humans (e.g. dandelions). I’ve also learned that some of these plants have benefits that I wouldn’t have learned about if I hadn’t gotten Bana. For instance, plantain leaves can be used on minor scrapes and cuts as a pain killer and disinfectant.

So my questions for everyone is: Are there any plants that you have started to eat and/or use after getting a tortoise? Are there any you recommend?

ZEROPILOT

REDFOOT WRANGLER
Tortoise Club
5 Year Member
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
South Eastern Florida (U.S.A.)/Rock Hill S.C.
Hello everyone, I hope you and all your lovely pets are doing well today! I wanted to pose a couple of fun questions for everyone.

As I’ve been getting the hang of owning a hatchling tortoise, I’ve learned a lot about their diets and have learned that many of the plants that they eat are also edible for humans (e.g. dandelions). I’ve also learned that some of these plants have benefits that I wouldn’t have learned about if I hadn’t gotten Bana. For instance, plantain leaves can be used on minor scrapes and cuts as a pain killer and disinfectant.

So my questions for everyone is: Are there any plants that you have started to eat and/or use after getting a tortoise? Are there any you recommend?
I got a pack of seeds from Carolina Tortoise Supply.
The plants grew quickly. I cut off the tops many times and the plants just grew back.
Eventually the planted area got overrun with weeds and I dug it up to plant some Surinam Cherry plants.
What I found were GIANT carrots, turnips and a bunch of other things I have no idea what they were.
I still find it interesting.
For the money, that packet grew hundreds of plants and gave me endless greens for my animals for about a year. But I get the feeling that this could've gone on a lot longer.
If you are the gardening type, order a pack of seeds from them.