Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
As I approached the reptile section last night, I noticed the russian tortoise enclosure had damp "Bed-A-Beast" for substrate and their shells were all wet as if they had been recently sprayed. As I got closer I saw a lone redfoot in a SEPARATE cage with the same set up. As I rounded the corner to the other side, there was the Petco Employee with the spray bottle in hand. AHA! Caught red-handed! I asked her why she sprayed the tortoises since they are desert animals and get all their water from their lettuce and tomatoes. She sighed ever so slightly and politely told me that they do get some water from their food but they still need humidity and a water bowl and that the water helps their shells devolop properly. She went on to mention that they need frequent "baths" too. About this time, I showed her my TFO shirt and she'd never heard of it. I asked her where she learned all that and she told me she used to work for a big time West Coast box turtle breeder that knew all about tortoises too.

The manager at this particular store is a personal friend of mine and this emplyee got a gloiwng A+ report from me, not only for taking proper care of the animlas, but for being patient and polite with an ignorant member of the public who was spouting off the same old ludicrous bad tortoise info.

CtTortoiseMom

5 Year Member
CT
Great new's!! More importantly... HOW DO YOU GET A TFO SHIRT??!

fhintz

5 Year Member
Fort Myers, FL
CtTortoiseMom said:
Great new's!! More importantly... HOW DO YOU GET A TFO SHIRT??!

You have to know the secret handshake .

or you can click on TFO Store up under the main headline banner :)

spikethebest

10 Year Member!
Southern California
thats great to hear! i shop at the petco all the time. i also to random checks on the petcos in porter ranch, northridge, and glendale. the santa clarita one is usually the best.

Isa

10 Year Member!
Montreal, QC, Canada
Niceeee :D I love it when pet store employees know their stuff. It is amazing of her that she took the time to correct you. She would be a very good addition to the forum :).

sara

5 Year Member
Wyoming
kudos to that employee! she should get a raise! I have found, like all of you, getting a polite and informitive employee is rare! There is still hope! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.