Good staple diet?

Antioch

Are mustard and collard greens a good staple diet for a sulcata? I was reading in the sulcata diet sheet and it said they were both fine, but since they're not really grasses I just wanted to see how well they'd be as a staple diet. If they are fine that would be great as I always have some on hand for my bearded dragon.

mike taylor

10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
They need grasses and weeds . Give them grass hay and a little greens to supplement there diet .

Teodora'sDAD

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
Michigan
This time of year I give my girl soaked hay pellets that she LOVES! keeps her hydrated and her tummy full! I supplement with weeds I grow at school with the students.

Tom

The Dog Trainer
10 Year Member!
Platinum Tortoise Club
Location (City and/or State)
Southern California
Antioch said:
Are mustard and collard greens a good staple diet for a sulcata? I was reading in the sulcata diet sheet and it said they were both fine, but since they're not really grasses I just wanted to see how well they'd be as a staple diet. If they are fine that would be great as I always have some on hand for my bearded dragon.

No those are not good staples. Okay once in a while, but variety is key. If there is going to be a "staple" it should be grass, grass hay, or rehydrated pelleted grass hay. Here is a diet sheet: http://www.tortoiseforum.org/thread-76744.html