Good wood for my enclosures

Status
Not open for further replies.

I Love Dino

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
colorado
Hi! I'm building a house for Dino and i don't know what type of wood to buy. I don't want a wood that rots easily with water. and what should be the thickness of the wood?1/2 inch,1/4 inch,or 1/8 inch.

WillTort2

5 Year Member
You may want to use a plywood and either line it with plastic or coat it with urethane. About 3/8 to 1/2 should be sufficient.

How much space do you have available for his house? Always build as much space as you can for your tort. If space is limited you may wish to build a second story.

Good luck!

I Love Dino

5 Year Member
Location (City and/or State)
colorado
Thank you! I'm building a 2nd story. I estimated i need total of 26 sq feet. The first floor is going to be 60 in by 25 in,the wall will be 7 in tall. The 2nd floor will be 25 in by 20 in, the wall will be 10 in tall. The stairs will be 20 degrease form the ground to the stairs. I'm going to put a hinge on the stairs to the 2nd floor so when he digs under neath the stairs he wont get stuck,or when i do't want him to go up stairs. I'll try to post a picture soon. Maybe a couple weeks. My birth day is tomorrow so i'll build one with my dad soon.(Hopefully) Oh, another question witch plywood should i use? There is plywood that is used for houses and roofs(ones that look like it has little bits of wood all together),or ones that have smooth surface?If you know what i mean.

Status
Not open for further replies.