Google and phone numbers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dmmj

The member formerly known as captain awesome
10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
CA
I do not know how computer and web savvy everyone is so I thought I would pass this along. If you go to google and type in your phone number into their search field, all you personal info pops up. You can correct this if you choose to do so by clicking on your phone number and it will have a button on top saying remove this from our database. It takes about 30 secs to do and I did it for me and my grandma simply because the phone is something I pay for and I should be able to choose who has access to it. I tried 3 different cell phone numbers but nothing came up. Have a good day and remember we are watching you. mwahahahahahahahaha

sammi

10 Year Member!
San Diego, CA
Creepy. I'm going to change all of it right now. Thanks for the tip!

Kadaan

5 Year Member
Irvine, CA
If your phone number isn't flagged as unlisted, there are dozens of websites that just pull the info from the phone book. If you live in the US and have a drivers license, anyone can get your name, address, and phone number from there too.

If you don't want telemarketers trying to scam her, you can add the number to the National Do Not Call Registry (http://www.donotcall.gov/).

Stephanie Logan

10 Year Member!
Colorado
When I did it, it did not pull up any personal info, at least on the first page of links. Just random stuff about phone number statistics and a link to our neighborhood swim team concession list (not very threatening in my book.)

Did I do something wrong? Or right, maybe?:cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.