got to handle a few hatchlings today

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Oklahoma
Went over to Bob Clark's place today to check out some of the new hatchlings. He has been working on a breeding program with the Tulsa Zoo and just had another clutch hatch this week. Here are a few pics....

IMAG0052.jpg

IMAG0054.jpg

IMAG0053.jpg

they are by far the most active hatchling tortoises i have ever seen. they were constantly on the move exploring their enclosure. i'm not able to purchase one this season, but i am definitely getting an aldabra next season....can't wait! :D

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
not mine, unfortunately! but yeah, they are awesome. i intentionally took my wife with me to look at them. she wanted one before, but now....it's hook, line and sinker! next season....it's on!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
They look great! I know he has a female that he has had good luck with.

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
yeah, she produced three clutches this year. the male belongs to the Tulsa Zoo and he's a monster. i would love to have one of your babies next year, but can't justify the 25 hour drive down to Naples when I can drive 25 minutes and get one from Bob!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Red Earth Exotics said:
yeah, she produced three clutches this year. the male belongs to the Tulsa Zoo and he's a monster. i would love to have one of your babies next year, but can't justify the 25 hour drive down to Naples when I can drive 25 minutes and get one from Bob!

:tort: That is for sure the key, a monster male!

onarock

5 Year Member
Hawaii
Excellent tactic Cameron.

Red Earth Exotics said:
not mine, unfortunately! but yeah, they are awesome. i intentionally took my wife with me to look at them. she wanted one before, but now....it's hook, line and sinker! next season....it's on!

Jacob

5 Year Member
California
awesome, one day i hope to be a proud owner, as well!

Cameron

10 Year Member!
Oklahoma
it's been a long time coming for me. ever since i was about 6 years old when i took a ride on one at the zoo. my wife said to me today, "lets just call him up and buy one today"...usually she is the one talking ME out of an animal purchase!

ALDABRAMAN

KEEPER AT HEART
10 Year Member!
SW Forida
Red Earth Exotics said:
it's been a long time coming for me. ever since i was about 6 years old when i took a ride on one at the zoo. my wife said to me today, "lets just call him up and buy one today"...usually she is the one talking ME out of an animal purchase!

:tort: If that has been your dream tortoise since you were a kid, go pick one out, you will be happy! They look great from the pictures, the one in your hand looks special! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.