Got two more Egyptian Tortoises

Status
Not open for further replies.

CyberianHusky

10 Year Member!
Location (City and/or State)
Portland Oregon
Here is my family of four. The two in the center came in the mail yesterday. I like how each is a little bit different in color. There names in order from left to right Munchies, Onions, Peppers and Butters.

Attachments

• fantasticfour1.jpg
    fantasticfour1.jpg
    389.4 KB · Views: 190

dmarcus

5 Year Member
Las Vegas, NV
Very nice group of torts you have therer, also like that succulent in the background..

coreyc

10 Year Member!
Massachusetts
Congrat's they all look great :) But one thing you need one more you cant have Onions,Peppers with out Mushrooms :p

CyberianHusky

10 Year Member!
Portland Oregon
They are the size of a walnut shell. So proud of my little colony cant wait to get more.

Sky2Mina said:
Very pretty (but shy :p). How big are they?

I know need a Nibbles also. Really do like Mushrooms probably go with Shroomies. Love name suggestions cause one day will have a dozen or more of these cherubs.

coreyc said:
Congrat's they all look great :) But one thing you need one more you cant have Onions,Peppers with out Mushrooms :p

Ivan M

5 Year Member
New York
Great looking group, then again I am biased as I got my first tortoise a few days ago and they are 3 Egyptians. I will add another 3 a few months down the line. Yours look Awesome.

CyberianHusky

10 Year Member!
Portland Oregon
Ivan I hear you on getting more. Would ultimately want to have at least 8 to 12 myself. These torts are so cute they are addictive.

Ivan M said:
Great looking group, then again I am biased as I got my first tortoise a few days ago and they are 3 Egyptians. I will add another 3 a few months down the line. Yours look Awesome.

cork_screw

10 Year Member!
Where did you get yours from? Who's the breeder, forum member? I feel like there's only a few breeders here. Always curious who else is out there.

Yeah they are addicting, they're so small and take up so little space I feel like you can have an army of these guys.

SnakeyeZ

5 Year Member
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Beautiful tortoises! I love their shape.

Is quaranteen not that important in the tortoise world? I hear it all time in other reptile forums just not that often in the tortoise forum.

CyberianHusky

10 Year Member!
Portland Oregon
I never thought to quarantine them I will next time. How long should I quarantine for? They are doing great though eating running about the table. They really took to dandelion flowers today and it was cool to see all four eating at ounce.

SnakeyeZ said:
SILVERSTAR said:
i quarantined mine but only like two weeks.

Two weeks is better than nothing. :)

ChiKat

10 Year Member!
FL
You are so lucky!!!! My dream is to own Egyptians some day :)

Whinhill

5 Year Member
Maine
SnakeyeZ said:
Beautiful tortoises! I love their shape.

Is quaranteen not that important in the tortoise world? I hear it all time in other reptile forums just not that often in the tortoise forum.

I work in the field of diseases of lower vertebrates quarentine is very important a minimum of 90 days for me 6 months is much better

Ian

Status
Not open for further replies.